|College/ University from which the degree was obtained ||Abbreviation of the degree |
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi ||B.A. (Pali Hons.) |
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi ||M.A. (Pali) |
|University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong ||M.A. (Buddhist Studies) |
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune ||Ph.D. (Pali) |
Positions held/ holding:
- HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF BUDDHIST STUDIES (1ST NOVEMBER 2018 TO TILL DATE).
- CONVENOR, PHD RESEARCH ADVISORY COMMITTEE, DEPARTMENT OF BUDDHIST STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA (18TH MARCH 2019 TO TILL DATE).
- CHAIRPERSON, PG BOARD OF STUDIES, DEPARTMENT OF BUDDHIST STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF BUDDHIST STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA, KOLKATA (15 July, 2016 to till date).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pali, University of Pune, Pune (1 December, 2009 to 14 July, 2016).
- Lecturer, Government Sanskrit College, Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal, Kolkata (15 December, 2008 to 30 November, 2009).
- Lecturer, Department of Pali, University of Pune, Pune (2 June, 2006 to 14 December, 2008).
- UGC Junior Research Fellow, Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (03 September, 2004 to 30 May, 2006).
- Pāli Nīti Literature
- Indian Buddhism
- Mahayana Buddhism
- Ancient Indian History & Civilization
- Plays of Bratya Basu-relation with Time, Srabani Das, Roll No. 92/ BNG/164002, Registration No. 213-1222-0077, 2015-17, University of Calcutta, Kolkata. Degree Awarded.
- Kathamrita: Sahityabhichar O Samajabhikshasan, Avijit Pal, Roll No. 92/BEN/164013, Registration No. 052-1121-1090-10, 2015-17, University of Calcutta, Kolkata. Degree Awarded.
Select list of Publications:
Journal Articles: In English
- Anti Caste Slogan: Gotama’s Reference to Foreign Customs. Dharmadoot. Edited by Bimalendra Kumar. Vol. 78, November 2013, Pp.- 11-20. Sarnath: Maha Bodhi Society of India. ISSN 2347-3428.
- Ground of Saṅghabheda: Division or Spilt of the Saṅgha. Pāli-Prākṛita-Anuśīlana: A biannual Journal of Pāli and Prākṛita Literature & Language. Ed. by V. K. Jain and G. S. Negi. October 2014, Pp.- 60-65. Lucknow: Pāli Study Centre, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthana. ISSN 2349-3097.