| Degree || Year || University/ Institution |
| Ph.D. ||2007|| National Chemical Laboratory, Pune |
| M.Sc. (Physical Chemistry) || 2002 || Jadavpur University, Kolkata |
| B.Sc. (Chemistry) || 2000 || Jadavpur University, Kolkata |
1) Currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, University of Calcutta, India (From 24/02/2010).
2) Worked as a Lecturer in Victoria College, Kolkata, India from 21/12/ 2006 – 23/02/2010. 3) Worked as Post Doctoral Researcher at the University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland from May, 2008 till November 2010.
1) Synthesis and characterization of different nanomaterials, specially in magnetic and semiconductor nanoparticles/nanorods.
2) Synthesis of nano materials based polymer composites. Incorporation of different nano materials in silocone and epoxy based polymer for different application. 3) Surface modification of nanomaterials.
4) Phase transfer of nanomaterials. 2
5) Thorough understanding of the theory and the experimental methods in Langmuir-Blodgett (LB) studies. Experience in assembly and synthesis of nanomaterials using this system.
List of publications
1. Foam-based synthesis of cobalt nanoparticles and their subsequent conversion to CocoreAgshell nanoparticles by a simple transmetallation reaction Tanushree Bala, S. K. Arumugam, R. Pasricha, B. L. V. Prasad and M. Sastry J. Mater. Chem. 14 (2004) 1057. [Impact factor: 6.101]
2. A facile liquid foam based synthesis of nickel nanoparticles and their subsequent conversion to NicoreAgshell particles: structural characterization and investigation of magnetic properties Tanushree Bala, S. D. Bhame, P. A. Joy, B. L. V. Prasad and M. Sastry J. Mater. Chem. 14 (2004) 2941. [Impact factor: 6.101]
3. Phase transfer of oleic acid capped NicoreAgshell nanoparticles assisted by the flexibility of oleic acid on the surface of silver Tanushree Bala, A. Swami, B.L.V. Prasad and M. Sastry J. Colloid Interface Sci. 283 (2005) 422. [Impact factor: 3.172]
4. Solvent-adaptable silver nanoparticles B. L. V. Prasad, S. K. Arumugam, Tanushree Bala, and M. Sastry Langmuir 21 (2005) 822. [Impact factor: 4.187]
5. Cobalt and magnesium ferrite nanoparticles: preparation using liquid foams as templates and their magnetic characteristics Tanushree Bala, C. R. Sankar, M. Baidakova, V. Osipov, T. Enoki, P. A. Joy, B. L. V. Prasad and M. Sastry