Ph.D. (Sc) University of Calcutta
Professor Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta 92 A.P.C.Road, Calcutta 700009, INDIA
- Awarded a Minor Research Project from UGC on A study on the rotation curves of spiral galaxies and analyses on nature of dark matter during 2001-2003 F.No. PSW-019/01-02, PI: Tanuka Chattopadhyay
- Awarded a Major Research Project from UGC on Globular Clusters and Galaxy formation during 2005 -2007. F.No. 30-241/2004(SR), PI: Tanuka Chattopadhyay
- Awarded a Major Research Project from DST on Dwarf galaxies, Ultra Compact dwarf galaxies and globular clusters during 2010-13. F.No. SR/S2/HEP-25/2009 , PI: Tanuka Chattopadhyay
Select list of Publications:
- Unsupervised Classification of Galaxies. I. ICA feature selection
Tanuka Chattopadhyay, Didier-Fraix Burnet, Saptarshi Mondal Publications Astronomical Society of Pacific, 2019, 131, 108010. Impact Factor: 3.409 (2019)
- Unsupervised classification of eclipsing binary light curves through k-medoids clustering.
Soumita Modal, Tanuka Chattopadhyay, Asis Kumar Chattopadhyay Journal of Applied Statistics, 2019. DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2019.1635574
- Star formation under explosion mechanism in a magnetized medium
Debasish Mondal, Tanuka Chattopadhyay Bulgerian Astronomical Journal, 2019, 31.
- Fragmentation of molecular cloud in a polytropic medium.
Ashok Mondal & Tanuka Chattopadhyay New Astronomy, 2019, 66, 45. Impact factor: 0.92 (2018)