Specialisation : Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy
- University of Calcutta B.Sc.
- University of Calcutta M.Sc
- Annamalai University M.Phil
- University of Calcutta Ph.D
Positions held/ holding:
- Served Vidyasagar College, Kolkata from 16 th November, 2006 to 8 th October, 2015 as Assistant Professor ii)
- From 9 th October, 2015 to till date as Assistant Professor in Department of Botany, University of Calcutta
- Determination of bioactive compounds in indigenous food plants of different parts of India.
- Identification of volatile compounds in aromatic plants
- Identification of bioactive metabolites in plants using metabolomics study
- Determination of biomarkers in different biotic and abiotic stress responses to crop plants
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibilty for Lectureship award from Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, INDIA - National Entrance Test (NET) in Life Sciences December,2002.
- Invited to take Shyama Prasad Mukherjee (SPM) Fellowship Test by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, INDIA for securing top 20% marks in CSIR - NET in July, 2003. Teacher Fellowship Award under College Faculty Development Programme by UGC July, 2011.
- Awarded 1st prize as the best oral presentation by Asian Network of Research on Antidiabetic Plants (ANRAP), Prevention and Management of Diabetes: Prospects and Challenges, September, 2012, R.G.Kar Medical College, Kolkata, India.
- Travel Grant Award (an amount of Rs. 1,43,729/-) by UGC to visit Scotland, to present scientific paper in 9 th International Conference of the Metabolomics Society, Glasgow, Scotland, UK from 1 st 4 th July, 2013.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for the paper entitled Thin Layer Chromatographic Characterization of Carotenoid Isolates in Sugar Date Palm (Phoenix sylvestris) Fruit Epicarp and Inflorescence Axis In the BEST RESEARCH PAPERS ON APPLICATION OF TLC/ HPTLC IN PHARMA, HERBAL AND OTHER CHEMICAL ANALYSIS category of Dr. P. D. Sethi Memorial Annual National Awards 2017.
Select list of publications:
- Metabolomic and chemometric study of Achras sapota L. fruit extracts for identification of metabolites contributing to the inhibition of -amylase and -glucosidase (2016), Susmita Das · Mainak Dutta · Koel Chaudhury · Bratati De, Eur Food Res Technol., Volume 242, Issue 5, pp 733-743 (Impact Factor: 1.919).
- Analyzing changes in metabolite profile during postharvest ripening in Achras sapota fruits: GC-MS based metabolomics approach (2015), Susmita Das and Bratati De. International Food Research Journal, 22(6): 2288-2293. (Impact factor: 0.559)
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory potentiality of some minor fruits of West Bengal, India. Susmita Das, Bratati De. Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences. DOI:10.4103/0975- 7406.171737.
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Based Metabolic Profiling of Onion Varieties of India (2015). Sukriti Das, Susmita Das, Plaban Bhattacharya, Achintya Saha and Bratati De, Current Metabolomics, 3, 32-41.
Presented papers in National and International conferences
- GC-MS based profiling of non-polar metabolites and chemometric study to differentiate fruits of Capsicum species and landraces of West Bengal, India at different stages of ripening in the 16th Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and other Natural products (ASOMPS XVI), from12 th -14 th December, 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Evaluation and identification of bioactive fractions and their metabolites targeting management of type-II diabetes from Phoenix sylvestris fruit pericarp using in vitro models. International Conference on insight to Plant Biology in the Modern Era, 8th -10th February, 2017, Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.