Specialization: Cloud Computing
- Visvesvaraya Young Faculty Award from DIC, Government of India, 2018.
- Best Paper Award from IEEE ANTS, 2015.
- Young Scientist International Travel Award from DST, Government of India, 2013.
- Best Employee Award from Tejas Networks India Ltd, 2007.
- Gold Medal in M.E. from Jadavpur University, 2006.
- University Medal in M.E. from Jadavpur University, 2006.
- UGC Scholarship for GATE, 2004-2006.
- Merit Certificate in B.E., 2003. 9. National Scholarship in 10th Examination.
- Ph.D.(Tech.), Jadavpur University, Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E., Jadavpur University, Computer Science & Engineering
- B.E., Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Computer Science & Engineering
National Examinations :
- JEST (for Ph.D.), Indian Institute of Science, 2006
- GATE (for M.E.), IIT Madras, 2003
Professional Qualification :
- Assistant Professor (Stage-II) in University of Calcutta since 2015.
- Assistant Professor (Stage-I) in University of Calcutta, 2009 to 2015.
- Lecturer in Jadavpur University, 2008 to 2009.
- Research & Development Engineer in Tejas Networks (I) Ltd, 2007 to 2008.
- Project Engineer in Wipro Technologies, 2006 to 2007.
Research Interests :
- Distributed and Cloud Computing
- Wireless and Mobile Computing
- Big Data, Internet of Things and 5G
Publication in International
- Binay Ray, Avirup Saha, Sunirmal Khatua & Sarbani Roy, “Proactive Fault-Tolerance Journals Technique to Enhance Reliability of Cloud Service in Cloud Federation Environment” in IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), Revision submitted, 2019, (IF:7.9).
- Benay Ray, Sunirmal Khatua & Sarbani Roy, “Quality and Profit Assured Trusted Cloud Federation Formation Approach”, in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), doi: 10.1109/TSC.2018.2833854, ISSN:1939-1374, 2018, (IF:4.4).
- Ranjan K. Maji, Sunirmal Khatua & Zhumur Ghosh, “A supervised ensemble approach for sensitive microRNA target prediction”, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB), doi: 10.1109/TCBB.2018. 2858252, ISSN: 1557-9964, 2018, (IF:2.4).
- S. Bhattacherjee, R. Das, S. Khatua and S. Roy, “Energy-efficient migration techniques for cloud environment: a step toward green computing” in Springer Journal of Supercomputing, doi: 10.1007/s11227-019-02801-0, 2019, (IF:1.5).