| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| 1) University of Calcutta || B.Sc (Hons) in Chemistry |
| 2) University of Calcutta |
4) Jadavpur University
| B.Sc (Tech) in Ceramic Tech. |
M.Tech in Ceramic Engg.
Positions held/ holding:
- Lecturer in Ceramic Technology (1st August 1996 to 28th July 2005) at GCECT, Kolkata-10;
- Reader , University of Calcutta , ( 29th July, 2005 ; promoted later to Associate Professor);
- Professor, University of Calcutta, from 1 st April,2012 till date .
- Head of the Department (from 6th May, 2019: continuing)
- Refractory Castables
- Nanostructured Ceramics
- Sol-gel Science and Technology
- Special Glasses
- Synthesis and Characterization of Nanostructured Inorganic Oxide Based Coatings on Graphite for Application in Monolithic Refractory Ceramics
- Evaluation of refractory performance of castables containing calcium aluminate sol-gel coatings on graphite
- Effect of preformed and in situ spinels on microstructures and properties of a low cement refractory castable, Ceramics International,30(3)369-380(2004)
- Easy-to-use mullite and spinel sols as bonding agents in a high alumina based ultra low cement castable, Ceramics International, 28(7)719-729(2002)
- Microstructures of refractory castables prepared with sol gel additives, Ceramics International, 29(6)671-677(2003)
- In situ spinel bonded refractory castable in relation to coprecipitation and sol-gel derived spinel forming agents, Ceramics International,29(8)857-868(2003)
- Sintering and crystallisation behaviour of chemically prepared cordierite for electronic packaging, Ceramics International, 30(6)1067-1070(2004)
Membership of Learned Societies:
- Life member of the Indian Ceramic Society.
- Life member of the Materials Research Society of India.
- Fellow of the Indian Institute of Ceramics.