- Calcutta University M.Sc. 1988
- Calcutta University Ph.D. 1996
- Regulation of gene expression at Transcriptional level and also at the level of mRNA stability of two cytokines that belongs to IL-6 family, Oncostatin-M and Leukemia Inhibitory Factor.
- MicroRNA mediated Mesenchymal to Epithelial transition in breast cancer cells.
- Study of the mechanism of cancer cell death by herbal compounds.
- Synthesis of Nano-particles using herbal compounds and study of their role in cancer cell death.
- Structure-function relationship of RNA-protein interactions in translational regulation. 6. Biophysical analysis of DNA-protein and protein-protein interactions at the level of transcriptional regulation
Honors and Awards:
- 2003: Awarded 2nd place in poster presentation in the annual Research Day at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- 1999 to 2000: Junior Scientist Career Development award, from Medical University of South Carolina, USA.
- 1996 to 1997: Post-doctoral Research Associate ship, CSIR, Govt. of India
- 1994: Young Scientists Travel Award for International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB) meeting.
- 1991 to 1994: Senior Research Fellowship, CSIR, Govt. of India.
- 1989 to 1991: Junior Research Fellowship, CSIR, Govt. of India.
- 1989: Awarded among top five percentile in Joint UGC-CSIR (NET) Exam.
Select list of publications:
- Involvement of HuR in the serum starvation induced autophagy through regulation of Beclin1 in breast cancer cell-line MCF-7. De S, Das S, Mukherjee S, Das S, Sengupta Bandyopadhyay S. (2019) Cellular Signalling 61 DOI: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2019.05.008
- Mechanism of prostaglandin E2-induced transcriptional up-regulation of Oncostatin-M by CREB and Sp1. Mukherjee S, Sengupta Bandyopadhyay S. (2018) Biochem J. Jan 31;475(2):477-494. doi: 10.1042/BCJ20170545.
- Establishment of twist-1 and TGFBR2 as direct targets of microRNA-20a in mesenchymal to epithelial transition of breast cancer cell-line MDA-MB-231. De S, Das S, Mukherjee S, Das S, Sengupta Bandyopadhyay S. Exp Cell Res. 2017 Dec 1;361(1):85-92. doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2017.10.005. Epub 2017 Oct 5.
- Withaferin A induced impaired autophagy and unfolded protein response in human breast cancer celllines MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231. (2017) Ghosh K, De S, Mukherjee S, Das S, Ghosh AN, Sengupta SB. Toxicol In Vitro. 44:330-338. doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2017.07.025.
- Phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate mediated stabilization of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (lif) mRNA: Involvement of Nucleolin and PCBP1. (2017) Alina Chakraborty, Srimoyee Mukherjee, Sucharita Saha, Soumasree De and Sumita Sengupta (Bandyopadhyay). Biochemical J. May 16, 2017, BCJ20170051; DOI: 10.1042/BCJ20170051. [IF: 4.396 ISSN :0264-6021 (print); 1470-8728 (web)
- Withaferin A Induces ROS-mediated Paraptosis in Human Breast Cancer Cell-Lines MCF-7 and MDAMB-231. (2016) Ghosh K, De S, Das S, Mukherjee S, Sengupta Bandyopadhyay S. PloS One. 11(12):e0168488. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0168488. [IF: 4.411 ISSN :1932-6203]