- PhD (Engg.), Thesis Title: Improved Performance Switched Reluctance Drive , from Jadavpur University in the year 2003.
- Master of Electrical Engineeing (M.E.E) from Electrical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University in the year 1997.
M.Tech Thesis: Current Source Converter for Switched Reluctance motor Drive
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.E.) from from Electrical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University in the year 1993.
- Professor & HOD, Electrical Engineering Section, Department of Applied Physics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.
Award and scholarships:
- National Scholarship of Merit for Madhyamik from Govt. of West Bengal n 1986.
- Gate scholarship in 1995.
- CSIR Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) 1997
Select list of publications:
- Null Vector Period Current Based Sensorless Rotor Flux Estimation of Vector Control Induction Motor Drive, S Datta, A Chandra, S Chowdhuri, European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology 5 (4), 274-281
- Performance Evaluation and Filter Design Aspects of Single-Phase Inverter under Different Loading Conditions, P Roy, JN Bera, G Sarkar, S Chowdhuri, IETE Journal of Research, 1-12
- Efficient Power Extraction from SPV system in Partially Shaded Condition: A Comparative Study between Classical and Fuzzy Logic Control, Dipak Kumar Mandall ; Sumana Chowdhuril ; Shibsankar Saha ; Biswajit Majumdar ; Dipten Maity ;Sujit Kumar Biswas, Publication Year: 2018, Page(s): 1 - 4