Sukhendu Mandal currently works at the The Department of Microbiology, University of Calcutta. Sukhendu does research in Microbiology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. Their current project is 'bacterial transcription'.
| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Degree |
| Suri Vidyasagar College, West Bengal, India || B.Sc |
| Visva- Bharati University, West Bengal, India || M.Sc |
| Bose Institute, West Bengal, India || Ph.D |
| Waksman Institute, New Jersey, USA || Postdoc |
1. Lin W, Mandal S, Degen D, Cho M, Feng Y, Das K and Ebright RH (2019). Structural basis of ECFsigma-factor-dependent transcription initiation. Nature Communication. DOI:10.1038/s41467-019- 08443-3.
2. Dey BC, Rai N, Das S, Mandal S, and Mandal V. (2019). Partial purification, characterization and mode of action of bacteriocins produced by three strains of Pediococcus sp. Journal of Food Science and Technology, DOI:10.1007/s13197-019-03744-3.
3. Maiti P and Mandal S (2019). Majority of Actinobacterial Strains Isolated from Kashmir Himalaya Soil Are Rich Source of Antimicrobials and Industrially Important Biomolecules. Advances in Microbiology. 09(03):220-238; DOI:10.4236/aim.2019.93016
4. Mukhopadhyay BC, Mitra S, Kazi TA, Mandal S, Biswas SR. (2019). Draft genome sequence of coldtolerant Kurthia gibsonii B83, isolated from spinach leaf. Microbiol Resour Announc 8:e01480-18.
5. Mitra S, Mukhopadhyay BC, Kazi TA, Bhattacharya R, Mandal S, Biswas SR. (2018). Draft Genome Sequence of Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis W8, a Potential Nisin-Producing Starter Culture for Indian Traditional Fermented Milk (Dahi). Microbiol Resour Announc. 7(23). pii: e01305-18. doi: 10.1128/MRA.01305-18.
b) Books/ book chapters :
Genomics of Bacterial Chemolithotrophy, October 2014; Publisher: Scholar's Press, ISBN: 978-3-639- 66607-6