Ph.D. in Statistics (1993) : Calcutta University
M.Sc. in Statistics (1983) : Calcutta University
B.Sc. with Statistics Honours (1981) : Presidency College
Positions held/ holding:
Department of Statistics, University of Calcutta : Lecturer (1989-1999), Reader (1999-2007), Professor (2007- till date)
Visiting / Guest :
1. Presidency College : Visiting Professor (1996-2000)
2. Indian Statistical Institute : Visiting Professor (2000, Jan- June)
3. University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA : Visiting Professor (2000-2001)
4. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta : Visiting Professor (2001,Sept-Dec)
5. Department of Economics, University of Calcutta : Guest Professor (1999-2013)
6. Monash University, Melbourbe, Australia : Visiting Professor 2007
List of publications:
A copula-based approach for estimating the survival functions of two alternating recurrent events (with M. Chatterjee), Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (2018), 88(16), 3098-3115, DOI 10.1080/00949655.2018.1499741.
Estimating the hazard functions of two alternating recurrent events in the presence of covariates (with M. Chatterjee), Advances in Statistical Analysis (2018), 102(2), 289-304, DOI 10.1007/s10182-017-0316-1.
Deletion Diagnostics for detection of influential observations from a Generalised Linear Mixed Model (with B.Ganguli, M.Naskar, E.J.Malloy & E.A.Eisen) : accepted for publication in Statistics in Medicine, (2016).
Diagnostics for a Multivariate Regression Model with Autocorrelated Errors (with S.Guria) : Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications (2016), 15, 4, 424-433.