- University of Calcutta : Ph.D. in Biophysics, entitled Studies on DNA Polymorphism
- University of Calcutta : M.Sc. in Physics (High Energy Physics)
- University of Calcutta : B.Sc. in Physics (Honours)
My research aim is to understand the designing principle of biological systemsfrom single proteins to macromolecular complexes to cellular regulatory networks (especially metabolic network)with the aim to enrich the experimental protein and metabolic engineering research. Some specific topics are-
- Understanding the self-assembly of biomolecules
- Factors that regulate the degradation of biomolecules
- Identifying regulatory cascades and relating the genotype with phenotypic changes of plant under stress
- Reconstruction and analysis of whole plant metabolic model
- 2014-present University of Calcutta Professor, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
- 2011-2014 University of Calcutta Associate Professor, Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
Awards and Honours:
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India, 2018
- DBT-Crest Award (2011-12)- Govt of India - to work in Prof. David Fell's laboratory, Oxford Brookes University; duration: 5 months
- BBSRC-India UK Partnering Award (2009-13) with Prof. David Fell, Oxford Brookes University and Prof. Swapan Datta, University of Calcutta
- Visiting Fellow, Academic Visitor (July-Sept, 2008) Oxford Brookes University, UK
- DAAD-DST Fellow (2003) Institute for Informatics, Germany
- National Merit Scholarship (1985) Government of India
- Rural Merit Scholarship (1983) Government of West Bengal
Projects / Grants:
- Joint Investigator ( 2013- ) COE on Systems Biology and Biomedical Engineering (MHRD)
- Coordinator Distributed Information Centre at University of Calcutta, DBT, GOI
- Deputy Coordinator UGC-CAS Programme
Select list of publications:
- Mallik S, Kundu S*. (2018). Structure, 26(6): 869878.
- Mallik S, Akashi H, Kundu S*. (2015). Nucleic Acids Research, 43(11): 5352-5363.
- Aftabuddin Md, Kundu S*. (2007). Biophysical Journal 93(1): 225-231.
- Grewal RK, Saraf S, Deb A, Kundu S*. (2018). Plant and Cell Physiology 59(10):2143-54.
- Chatterjee A, Kundu S. (2015)*. Scientific Reports 5, 14975.
- Huma B, Kundu S*, Poolman MG, Kruger NJ, Fell DA. (2018). The Plant Journal.