S. K. Midya currently works at the Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Calcutta. S.K.Midya does research in Environmental Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics , Atmospheric Chemistry,Ozone Depletion,Solar Physics,Ionospheric radiation and Earthquake. Their current project is 'Study of Physical, Optical and Chemical properties of Atmospheric Aerosols over Indo-Gangetic Basin'.
- Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission Residential College (C.U.) : B.Sc.(Hons.)
- University of Calcutta : M.Sc.(Electronics Special)
- Jadavpur University : Ph.D.
Positions held/ holding:
Now working as a coordinator of Department of atmospheric science.
Airglow Emissions, Ozone Depletion, Solar Physics, Interstellar Molecules, Earthquake and Tropospheric Phenomena
Select list of publications:
- Midya S.K.,DAS A (2016) Association of occurrence of Major earthquakes throughout the Globe with variable component of the Green line FE XIV 530.3 nm during1950-2014.Ind.J.Phys.
- Mukherjee T., DAS A, Midya S.K.(2016)Splitting of ozone hole over Antarctica ~ its effect on total column ozone and its possible causes, Mausam
- Ghosh D, Mukherjee T, Midya S.K.,Sarkar U. (2015) Variability of Surface Ozone with Cloud Coverage over Kolkata, India J.Earth System Science, J. Earth System Sci., 124, 303-319 ( Impact factor-0.79, ISSN 0253-4126).
- Midya S. K., Ghosh S., Ganda S.C. and Das G. K. (2015) Role of Biogenic Hydrocarbon on the Variability of Total Rainfall Amount over Sundarban, Kaziranga and Gir Forests J Ind Geo. Union. 19, 454-459(Impact factor-0.313,ISSN No.-0257-7968).
- Goswami S. and Midya S. K. (2015) Seasonal Variation of daily total column ozone (TCO), its depletion and formation on Surface Ozone over Chennai J Ind Geo. Union. 20, 101-111 (Impact factor-0.313 ,ISSN No.-0257-7968) .