- LL.B. from University of Allahabad.
- LL.M. from University of Allahabad, Secured 1st position in LL.M. in 1983-84 session.
- Qualified UGC NET in 1991.
- Ph.D. from the University of Burdwan.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Gender Studies
- Family Law
- Human Rights
- Former Head, Department of Law, The University of Calcutta.
- Former Senate member, The University of Calcutta.
- Member, Faculty Council of Law, The University of Calcutta.
- Member, PhD Committee, the University of Calcutta.
- Member, PG Board of Studies in Law, Assam University (Central University), Silchar.
- Member, Board of Research Studies, The University of Burdwan.
- Member, UG Board of Studies in Law, Kazi Nazrul University Asansol.
- Member, PG Board of Studies in Law, Raiganj University, West Bengal
- Member, Appellate Committee (Sexual Harassment), West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
- Member, PG Board of Studies in Law, Gaur Banga University, West Bengal.
- No. of research scholars awarded Ph.D. degree - 04
- No. of researcher scholars working for Ph.D. - 06
- Supervised LL.M. dissertations- 30
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Gender Justice. Published by R. Cambray & Co. Pvt. Ltd., Calcutta, 2006 ISBN : 978-81-89659-33-2
- Working Women and Human Rights. Published by K. K. Publications, Guwahati, Assam, 2014. ISBN : 978-93-81691-31-1
Select list of Papers published in Books and Journals:
- “Cyber Crime against Women in India, Issues and Challenges”, Journal of Business Management, Commerce and research, March 2015, ISSN: 2278-5280
- “Women‟s Participation in Sustainable Development- Indian Perspective”, Calcutta Law Times, Vol. 1, Part III, 2015 , ISSN: 0971-748X
- “Women‟s right to property in India- An Appraisal with special reference to Matrimonial Property”, Calcutta Law Times, Vol 1, April 2013, ISSN: 0971-748X
- “Empowerment of Women and the constitutional Mandate”, Calcutta Law times, Vol 2 , April 2014, ISSN: 0971-748X
- “Marginalization of working women in unorganized sector- A case study of women workers of Kolkata”, Development Displacement and Marginalization, ASIATIC SOCIETY, 2011, ISSN : 978- 81-920-615-1-1
SELECT LIST OF PAPERS PRESENTED IN SEMINARS/ CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- “Women‟s Participation in Sustainable Development”, Good Governance, Sustainable Development and Environmental Justice in SAARC Region, Department of Law North Bengal University( December 2012)
- “Indian Women and Consumerism” Legal Protection of Consumers in a Global Economy, Faculty of Law, Benaras Hindu University ( March 2014)
- “Women and Human Rights: Emerging Issues and challenges”, Women‟s Rights as Human Rights, Dept. Of Political Science, Tripura University (March 2012)
- “Honour Killing and Criminal Justice system”, Criminal Justice system in India: Issues and Challenges, Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies, Durgapur (September 2012)
- “Empowerment of Women consumers and the law”, Rural Consumers and the Market: Issues and Challenges, National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi ( August 2013)
INVITED LECTURES AND CHAIRS AT NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES
- Chaired- Technical Session on Criminal Law and Administration of Justice, UGC Sponsored National Seminar, Gujarat University Ahmedabad (2015)
- Chaired- Technical Session on National Seminar on human rights and Duties: Issues and Challenges in SAARC region, Dept. Of Law, North Bengal University (November 2014)
- Chaired- Technical Session on Rural Consumers and the Market : Issues and Challenges, National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (2013)
- Chaired- Technical session on Women‟s Rights as Human Rights, Dept. Of Political Science, Tripura University( 2012)
- Chaired- Technical Session on Good Governance, Sustainable Development and Environmental Justice in SAARC Region, Department of Law, North Bengal University (2012)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMMES:
- Attended Professional development Training Programme on “ Delivery of Justice to Tribals”, organised by the National Law School of India University Bangalore, Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training, Trivandrum and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, dated 21st to 24th May 2015 at Guwahati, Assam
- Attended Regional Teacher‟s Training Programme on International Humanitarian Law organised by International Committee of the Red Cross, Geneva and Dept. Of Law, University of Burdwan dated 28th to 30th October 2010
- Attended Orientation Programme and Refresher Courses organised by the UGC Academic Staff College- Jadavpur University, Calcutta University and Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
AWARDS / HONOURS
- National Rural Women Entrepreneurs Award 2018 awarded by the Dept. of Panchayati Raj and Rural Development , Govt. Of West Bengal and Techno India University , West Bengal dated 10th march 2018.
- Eminent Teacher Award awarded by S.K. Acharya Institute of Law, University of Kalyani, West Bengal dated 5 th September 2014.