University of Calcutta : M.A., Ph.D
- Early Indian Epigraphy
- Early Indian Numismatics
- Early Indian Paleography
- History of Bengal
Number of researchers awarded M.Phil/ Ph.D degrees : M.Phil: 6
Number of researchers pursuing M.Phil/ Ph.D : M.Phil: 2, Ph.D: 3
- Co-investigator in the Short Term Research project on Monetary History of Pre-Islamic Bengal (with Prof. Susmita Basu Majumdar)
- Co-Investigator in UGC-UPE Project on Interaction and Exchanges between India and Central and South Vietnam: 1st 10th centuries A.D.
- Co-Investigator in UGC-UPE Project on Rewriting Regional History: South Eastern Bengal from c. 500 C.E to 1300 C.E
- Co-investigator in the Project entitled Land Holding, the Recording of Property Transfer and the Formation of Kingdoms: The Comparative experience of Medieval Scotland and Bengal. It is a joint project between University of Calcutta and University of Glasgow. The project was funded by the British Academy. The period is 9/1/2014 31/8/2015.
- Co-investigator in the project on A Corpus of Inscribed Images of Eastern India (Fourth to Thirteenth Century CE). The project is being funded by the Asiatic Society, Kolkata. Duration: 3 years, 2017-2019. Joined on 1.6.2017
- Principal investigator in the project on Early Indias interaction with Early South East Asia: ReInterpreting the Old and Opening up New Vistas, UPE Phase II Project by the Department of Ancient Indian History & Culture, University of Calcutta. Duration: 13.09.2017-2020.
Select list of publications:
- Matsyanyaya of Khalimpur Inscription: Revisiting its Geo-Historical Significance in Journal of the Asiatic Society, Vol.L, no.2, 2008.
- Observations on the Palaeography of the Bengal Coins and Inscriptions (5th 8 th century) in Journal of Bengal Art, vol.13 & 14, Dhaka,2009.
- The Chopra Image Inscription of Mahipala in Pratna Samiksha, New Series, Volume 1, Kolkata, 2010.
- Pala Dynasty : A Power in the East in Heritage India Volume 4, Issue1, Pune 2011.
- Bengali : A Journey Through Time in Heritage India, Volume 5, Issue 3, Pune 2012.
- Religious Patronage in the Land Grant Charters of Early Bengal in Indian Historical Review, vol. 41, no.2, 2014.
- Rajendralal Mitra: A Nineteenth Century Scholar on the Interpretation of a Land Grant Record, in Journal of the Asiatic Society, Vol. LX, Number 3, 2018, pp.147-152.
Books/ book chapters:
- Creation of Sacred Structures in Ancient Bengal (c.A.D. 400-1300): A Study Based on Inscriptions in S. Ghosh et.al. Revisiting Early India, Essays in Honour of D.C. Sircar, Kolkata, 2013
- Observations on the Palaeography of Bengal Coins and Inscriptions (5th -11th century A.D) in Abhyudaya: Recent Researches in Epigraphy & Numismatics (Commemoration Volume in Honour of Dr. K.V. Ramesh), ed.s, T.S. Ravishankar, S. Swminathan. 1st edition, 2016, ISBN: 978-81-8090- 377-9, Bharat Kala Prakashan, Delhi. Pp.10-19.
- Land Sale Documents of the Guptas from North Bengal in ABM Habibullah Commemoration Volume, A.F. Salahuddin Ahmed et.al. Dhaka:The Editorial Board, national Committee for ABM Habibullah Birth Centenary Celebration, 2018, pp. 291-301. ISBN:978-984-34-4366-3.
- Joint paper (second author) with Suchandra Ghosh, Everyday Life in early Bengal in History of Bangladesh, vol.2, ed.s Abdul Momin Chowdhury & Ranabir Chakravarti, Dhaka: Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, 2018, pp.3-42. ISBN: 978-984-34-4520-9.
- Revisiting the Kaivartta Revolt: Locating the Emergence of a Caste in Early Indian History and Beyond: Essays in Honour of B.D. Chattopadhyaya, ed.s Osmund Bopearachchhi & Suchandra Ghosh, Delhi: Primus Books, 2019, pp.502-517. ISBN: 978-93-5290-597-3.
Membership of Learned Societies:
Life Member: Asiatic Society