Education: Jadavpur University, Kolkata (1992 – 1995) PhD.
- 1989–1995: Lecturer in Economics, West Bengal Education Service !995-1997: Senior Lecturer in Economics, West Bengal Education Service
- 1997−1998: Senior Lecturer in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Calcutta
- 1998−2006: Reader (Associate Professor), Department of Economics, University of Calcutta. 2006−Till date: Professor (full), Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
CURRENT AREAS OF INTEREST
- Development Economics
- Labor Economics
- International Trade
- Economics of Agrarian Institutions
- Applied Microeconomics
- At Government Colleges (1989-1997) Undergraduate: Business Economics.
- At University of Calcutta as Guest teacher (1992-1996) Graduate: Public Economics.
- At University of Calcutta (1997-till date) Graduate: Development Economics, Trade and Development, Agricultural Economics, Labour Economics.
- The Economics of Child Labour in the Era of Globalization: Policy Issues (with J.K. Dwibedi), Routledge, London & New York (November 03, 2016).
- FDI in Developing Countries: A Theoretical Evaluation (with U. Mukhopadhyay), Springer, New Delhi, India. (2014).
- Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach (with U. Mukhopadhyay), Springer, New York, USA. (2009). 4
- Some Aspects of Agricultural Credit in a Developing Economy, Serials Publications, New Delhi, India. (2004).