Specialization : Marine & Estuarine Biogeochemistry
Address : Department of Marine Science University of Calcutta 35, Ballygunge Circular Road Calcutta, PIN 700 019, West Bengal, INDIA
| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| University of Calcutta, 1993 || B.Sc. (Honors) |
| University of Calcutta, 1995 || M.Sc. |
| University of Calcutta, 2003 || Ph.D. |
Chemical Oceanographic aspects of coastal and estuarine systems covering
- Marine and estuarine Biogeochemistry and Biogeochemical cycles of elements,
- Air-sea and Biosphere – atmosphere exchange of radiatively active gases.
- Biogeochemical process in the mangrove sediment with special emphasis on anaerobic organic matter mineralization.
- Biogeochemistry & photochemistry of methane in the mangrove environment.
- Organic matter cycling and source characterisation in the mangrove dominated estuaries.
- Carbon dioxide system and nutrient dynamics in the mangrove dominated estuaries
Select list of publications:
A. International journal:
- Daniel M. Alongi, Sandip K. Mukhopadhyay, 2015, Contribution of mangroves to coastal carbon cycling in low latitude seas. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 213 (2015)
- Manab Kumar Dutta, Raghab Ray, Rishmita Mukherjee, Tapan Kumar Jana, Sandip Kumar Mukhopadhyay, 2015. Atmospheric fluxes and photo-oxidation of methane in the mangrove environment of the Sundarbans, NE coast of India; A case study from Lothian Island. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 213, 33 – 41.
- Manab Kumar Dutta, Rishmita Mukherjee, Tapan Kumar Jana, Sandip Kumar Mukhopadhyay, 2015. Biogeochemical dynamics of exogenous methane in an estuary associated to a mangrove biosphere; the Sundarbans, NE coast of India. Marine Chemistry, 170, 1 – 10.
- M.K. Dutta, C. Chodhury, T.K. Jana, S.K. Mukhopadhyay, Dynamics and exchange fluxes of methane in the estuarine mangrove environment of the Sundarbans, NE coast of India, Atmospheric Environment, Volume 77, October 2013, Pages 631–639.
- Raghab Ray, Chumki Chowdhury, Natasha Majumder, Manab Kumar Dutta, Sandip Kumar Mukhopadhyay and Tapan Kumar Jana, Improved model calculation of atmospheric CO2increment in affecting carbon stock of tropicalmangrove forest. Tellus B 2013, 65, 18981, http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/tellusb.v65i0.18981