Ph. D (Sc.), Jadavpur University, 2001.
Positions Held/ Holding:
- Lecturer (& Senior Lecturer) in Mathematics (2002-2008): Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore, Murshidabad 742101.
- Reader in Applied Mathematics (2008-2011): Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta.
- Nonlinear Wave Processes in Plasmas and Complex (Dusty) Plasmas.
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Stochastic Processes
- Studies of effects of dust charge variations on nonlinear collective phenomena in a dissipative electronegative dusty plasma (Co-Investigator)
- Time dependent nonlinear structures in plasmas in the frame work of Lagrangian fluid description (Co-Investigator)
Select list of publications:
- Nonlinear ion acoustic wave and group dynamics near critical density in a plasma with negative ion, Journal of Physical Society of Japan (accepted for publication) (2019).
- Quasi-longitudinal soliton in a two-dimensional strongly coupled complex dusty plasma in the presence of an external magnetic field, Physical Review E 90, 033108 (2014).
- Weakly dissipative soliton in quantum plasma, Euro Physics Letters (EPL), 99, 36002 (2012).
- Shock wave in two-dimensional dusty plasma crystal, Physics of Plasmas, 16, 103701 (2009)