- K. N. College, Baharampur, Murshidabad, WB, India B.Sc. (Hons in Physics)
- University of Calcutta, Physics Department. M.Sc. (Physics)
- University of Calcutta, Radio Physics & Electronics Dept. Ph. D. (Tech.)
Select list of publications
- "Thermo Power, Large Magnetic Field, Quantized Structure and All That.", S. K. Biswas, M. Mitra and K. P. Ghatak, Journal of Nanoengineering and Nanomanufacturing, Vol. 6 pp 1-23, May 2016.
- "A Novel Technique to Measure Small Dielectric Losses Using Cylindrical Cavity Resonator at X Band"; S. Mondal, S. K. Biswas, Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy, 49 (4), 2015, pp. 207-214.
- "Broadening of Tunable Range of Resonant Frequency of Cylindrical Cavity Resonator of a Particular Mode Avoiding Mode Overlapping"; P. Banerjee, S. Mondal, S. K. Biswas, American Research Journal of Physics, Volume 1, Issue1, Feb-2015, pp 1-8.
- "Amendment of cavity perturbation method for measuring dielectric properties of medium loss samples at microwave frequencies". Prasun Banerjee, Goutam Ghosh and Salil K. Biswas, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials Vol - 6, No. 5-6, pp 623 - 626, May- June 2012.
Other publications: International & National Conference Papers
- "Measurement of dielectric properties of granular or powdered materials using microwave technique at X-band"; S. Mondal, S. K. Biswas, Condensed matter days 2014 (CMDAYS14), Aug 27-29, 2014, Kolkata, India.
- "A simple method to avoid interference of unwanted mode during tuning of a cavity resonator"; S. Mondal, S. K. Biswas, 5th International conference on computer and devices for communication (CODEC); Dec 17-19, 2012, Kolkata, India.
- "Investigations on optical transitions in InAs / InP quantum dash structures".- S. Kabi, A. Biswas, D. Biswas and S. K. Biswas, International Conference on Nanophotonics and Nanoelectronics (ICANN- 2011), C-1225, IIT Guwahati, December 08-10, 2011.
- "A system to measure dielectric constant and loss of liquids at microwave frequencies".- Prasun Banerjee, Goutam Ghosh and Salil K. Biswas, IEEE Applied Electromagnetic Conference, (AEMC) / EMM-8, December 14 - 16, 2009.