- Ph.D. in Arts from University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, in the year 2008.
- Master of Arts in History from University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India with first class in the year 1994
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors (Major) in History from Presidency College, Kolkata, India, under University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, with first class in the year 1992
- Higher Secondary (12th class) from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, Kolkata, India, with first division in the year 1989.
- Madhyamik (10th class) from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, Kolkata, India, with first division in the year 1987.
- Journalist in Ananda Bazar Patrika (A Bengali Vernacular) during 1995-1996
- Lecturer in the Department of History, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, India, during 1996-1999
- Lecturer in the Department of History, University of Calcutta since 1999.
- A Bengali article titled “Vishadsindhu: Shatavarsher Aloke Ekti Mulyayan” (Vishadsindhu-A Bengali Novel: An Evaluation at the Centenary year), Chaturanga, Vol. 53, No 7, November 1992
- A Bengali article titled “Swadhiinatapurba Bangla Aitihasik Sahitya: Roop O Roopantar” (The Evolution of Bengali Historical Literature during the Pre-independence Period), Itihas Anusandhan (An Exploration in History), Vol. 9, K. P. Bagchi & Co., Kolkata, 1994
- A Bengali article titled Sriramchandra: Utsa O Uttaran (Sriramchandra-an epical hero: A Life Journey), published in Korak, Ramayan (An Indian epic) special issue, Autumn, 1997
- An article titled “The Communist Party and the Experiment in Radical Politics in Bengal 1920-67” published in a UGC, India sponsored Seminar Proceeding titled “Twentieth Century Bengal: Continuity and Change”, 2005.
- An article titled “Communist Party and the Indian Nation-State (1947-52)”published in Calcutta Historical Journal, Vol. XXVII, No. 2, 2007, (A Journal published by the Department of History, University of Calcutta), ISSN: 0254-9794.