Specialisation : SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY OF EARLY INDIA
LORETO COLLEGE, CU : B.A. HISTORY (HONOURS)
DEPT. OF AIHC, CU M. A.
DEPT. OF AIHC, CU PH.D
- GENDER STUDIES, SOCIAL ISSUES
- POLITICAL PROCESSES AND STATE FORMATION
Number of researchers awarded M.Phil/ Ph.D degrees: 14 AWARDED M.Phil / 1 Ph.D
Number of researchers submitted Ph.D: 1
Number of researchers pursuing M.Phil/ Ph.D : 2 M.PHIL AND 6Ph.D
MHRD Project under NME ICT on Social and Cultural History of India (From Earliest to 1707).Paper XI of Indian Culture as Coordinator.
Participant in international project on Early Indias Interaction with South-East Asia Interpreting the Old and Opening Up New Vistas. On-going project sponsored by University of Calcutta (UPE Phase II).
Select list of publications:
- Some Aspects of Society in Ancient India, Itibritta, Vol. II, 2015, Kolkata.
- PrachinBharaterVrikshaPujanerPrrashar EktiNritattvikBisleshan, PurolokBarta, Durgapur, 2016.
Books/ book chapters:
- Economic History of the Gangetic Plains as gleaned from Land Grants (8th 12th Centuries A.D.), Best Books, Kolkata, 2004.
- Agriculture as Known from KhanasVacanas, History of Agriculture in India (upto c.1200 A.D.), Vol. V, Part 1, PHISPC, New Delhi, 2007-2008.
- Evolution and Character of State in Ancient India, Indian Historiography, Institute of Historical Studies, Kolkats
- Vijayanagar: The City and its Environs, Aspects of Indian History and Culture, New Delhi, 2012.
Conference/ seminar volumes:
- Buddhist Monastic Organisations in Inscriptions of Bengal (6th 12th Centuries A.D.) , Essays on Early Bengal Epigraphy, Jadavpur University
- The Genesis and Evolution of Human Rights in India, Seminar on The Evolution on Human Rights in India Through the Ages, Dept. of History, Bankura Sammelani College, Bankura, 2010.