1) Completed Madhyamik Pariksha (Secondary Exam) from Saint Alphonsus Higher Secondary School, Kurseong, affiliated to West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE), West Bengal in 1999.
2) Completed Higher Secondary from Saint Alphonsus Higher Secondary School, Kurseong, affiliated to West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE), West Bengal in 2001.
3) Completed B.Sc. in Zoology (Honours) from Darjeeling Government College, Darjeeling, affiliated to North Bengal University, West Bengal in 2004.
4) Completed M.Sc. in Zoology from Darjeeling Government College, Darjeeling affiliated with North Bengal University, West Bengal, in 2006.
5) Successfully defended Ph.D. Thesis entitled “Genetic affinities among the populations of the Himalayas” at the Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad on 17th June 2017
1. Aditya G, Tamang R., Sharma D, Subba F, & Saha GK. (2008). Bamboo stumps as mosquito larval habitats in Darjeeling Himalayas, India: A spatial scale analysis. (2008) Bamboo stumps as mosquito larval habitats in Darjeeling Himalayas, India: A spatial scale analysis. Insect Science, 15, 245-249.
2. Thangaraj K, Naidu BP, Crivellaro F, Tamang R, Upadhyay S, et al. (2010) The Influence of Natural Barriers in Shaping the Genetic Structure of Maharashtra Populations. PLoS ONE 5(12): e15283. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0015283.
3. Shah AM, Tamang R*, Moorjani P, Rani DS, Govindaraj P, Kulkarni G, Bhattacharya T, Mustak MS, Bhaskar LV, Reddy AG, Gadhvi D, Gai PB, Chaubey G, Patterson N, Reich D, Tyler-Smith C, Singh L, Thangaraj K. (2011) Indian Siddis: African descendants with Indian admixture. American Journal of Human Genetics 89, 1–8
4. Elango S, Govindaraj P, Vishwanadha VP, Reddy AG, Tamang R, Muthusami U, Kunnoth S, Koyilil VK, Lakshman M, Shanmugasundharam N, Singh L, Thangaraj K (2011) Analysis of mitochondrial genome revealed a rare 50bp deletion and substitutions in a family with hypertension. Mitochondrion. 11 878–885