| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata / University of Calcutta || B.Com.(Hons.) |
|University of Calcutta ||Ph.D. |
| University of Calcutta || M.Phil. (Marketing Management) |
| University of Calcutta || M.Com. (Gold Medalist) |
Positions held/ holding:
Professor, Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta
Presently, Convener of M.Phil. (Commerce) Research Advisory Committee, Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta.
Former Head of the Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta.
Former Senate Member, University of Calcutta
- Artificial Intelligence and Marketing,
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Image.
- Emotional Intelligence and Organisational Behaviour
Number of researchers awarded M.Phil/ Ph.D degrees: M.Phil.: 6; Ph.D.: 8
Number of researchers pursuing M.Phil/ Ph.D degrees: M.Phil.: 0; Ph.D.: 4
‘Marketing Strategy of Financial Services: A Survey of the Strategies Adopted with Regard to Both Retail and Corporate Banking in India’ under UGC assisted ASIHSS Programme 2009-14.
Select list of publications:
- ‘Impact of Malls and Organised Retail on Traditional Kirana Stores in Kolkata’. Rajib Dasgupta and Mohua Banerjee. Business Studies Jan-July 2009. ISSN 0970-9657
- ‘Changing Pattern of Consumer Behaviour in Kolkata with Advent of Large Format Retail Outlets’. Mohua Banerjee and Rajib Dasgupta. IUP Journal of Marketing Management, Nov, 2010.
- ‘Status of Gender Equality: A Survey among Select Corporate Bodies in Kolkata’. Rajib Dasgupta and Kushal De. Business Studies Jan-July 2010 & 2011. ISSN 0970-9657
- ‘Role Overload and Conflict in Family Decision Making – A Study Based on Kolkata’. Rajib Dasgupta and Anupam Karmakar. Business Studies Jan-July 2012 & 2013. ISSN 0970-9657
- Awarded Gold Medal for achieving First Rank in Post Graduation (M.Com.)
- Awarded National Scholarship for Graduation
- Best Paper Award: Paper: ‘Performance Improvement of Tea Industry by SWARM Optimisation’; International Conference on Computer, Electrical and Communication Engineering (ICCECE 2017) conducted by Techno India University, 22-23 December, 2017