Ph.D. from the Department of E & ECE, IIT Kharagpur Title: Effective-Index-based Matrix Method for Integrated Optics and some Experimental Studies Degree awarded: June 2003
- Professor, Department of Applied Optics & Photonics, University of Calcutta from July 2013 onwards
- Associate Professor, Department of Applied Optics & Photonics, University of Calcutta from October 2008 to June 2013
- Professor & HOD, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Techno India, Salt Lake, from Feb 2007 to Sept 2008
- Ph.D: 1(One) - Awarded; 3(Three)- Submitted; 3 (Three) - Registered
- Joint Supervisor: 1(One)
- Several M.Tech & B.Tech projects have been guided
- Invited Lecture on “Laser-its types, generation and application” delivered at Workshop on Laser Technology for Tactical Communication, Dec 11-12,2018 at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- Invited Lecture on “Manipulating light using photonic crystals” delivered at International Topical Meeting on Applied and Adaptive Optics, INTOPMAA-17 Aug 11-13, 2017 at IIST, Trivandrum, India
- Invited Lecture on “Investigation of properties of lithium niobate by noninvasive technique” delivered at Intl. Conf. on Light and Light based Technology (ICLLT), Tezpur University, 26-28 Nov, 2016
- Clean Room processing of Integrated Optical devices on Lithium Niobate and Silicon MEMS on Silicon & Glass Nanophotonic structures
- Periodic poling of Lithium Niobate for acousto-optical memory devices
- Designing of Integrated Optical devices.
- Processing of Fiber-Optic based Sensors.
- Micromachining of optical materials and optical fibers using Laser.
- Diamond-like Nanocomposite Surface coating Technology
List of Publications:
- Saikat Majumder, Bapita Roy and Rajib Chakraborty, “Segmented multimode to dual port slot couplers as compact optical sensors with improved sensitivity", Journal of Modern Optics, Vol. 66, No. 6, pp. 590-598, 2019
- Rajib Ghosh, K K Ghosh and Rajib Chakraborty, " High resolution wide range pressure sensor using hexagonal ring and micromachined cantilever tips on 2D silicon photonic crystal", Optics Communications, Vol. 431, pp.93-100, 2019
- Rajorshi Bandyopadhyay and Rajib Chakraborty, "Antisymmetric Distributed Bragg Reflector as Hybrid Filter for Compact Integrated Photonics", Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp.1-13, 2019.
- Sarad Subhra Bhakat, Payel Ghosh, Soham Lodh and Rajib Chakraborty, "Development of patterned Sol-Gel Derived TiO2 Structures for Photonic Applications", in 14th International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics, (PHOTONICS 2018), Dec 2018.
- Sarad Subhra Bhakat, Payel Ghosh, Soham Lodh and Rajib Chakraborty, "Fabrication and Characterization of Sol-Gel Derived TiO2 Grating Structure for Photonic Applications", Paper ID: 149, Intl. Symposium on Optics (OSI-ISO 2018), 19-22 Sept., 2018.
- Arnab Panda, Soumen Maiti, Rajib Chakraborty and Kanik Palodhi, "Increment of light absorption in periodic structures introducing metallic nano-layer for solar cell applications", Paper ID: 184, Intl. Symposium on Optics (OSI-ISO 2018), 19- 22 Sept., 2018.