- Calcutta University, Kolkata, India 1989-1992 B. Sc.
- Calcutta University, Kolkata, India 1992-1994 M. Sc.
- Bose Institute, Kolkata, India 1995-2003 Ph. D.
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India 2004 Postdoc
- 2004 -2005 Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
- 2005 - 2016 Assistant Professor, Dr. B.C. Guha Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- 2008-2010 Visiting Professor, Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, US.
- 2016- Assistant Professor, Dr. B.C. Guha Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Awards and Honors:
- 1990 Recipient of Academic excellence prize of College Examination.
- 1992 Recipient of National Scholarship under National Scholarship Scheme of Govt. of India for B. Sc. (Chemistry Honors) Examination.
- 1994 Selected in University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, conducted National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) in Life Sciences,
- 1994 Qualified for GATE with 91 percentile
- 1995 Junior Research Fellowship, Bose Institute, Kolkata.
- 1997 Senior Research Fellowship, Bose Institute, Kolkata.
- 2004 Research Associate, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata.
- 2008-10 Visiting Professor, Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, OH, US
- 2012 Recipient of Travel Grant for attending XXIV tRNA conference in Olmue, Chile
- 2013 JSPS Invitation Fellowship for Research in Japan (Long-term)
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Biswas P# , Sahu DK, Sahu K, Banerjee R# . Spectroscopic studies of Asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase from Entamoeba histolytica. Protein Pept Lett. 2019 Mar 27. doi: 10.2174/0929866526666190327122419. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30919766.
- Chakraborty S, Ganguli S, Chowdhury A, Ibba M, Banerjee R# . Reversible inactivation of yeast mitochondrial phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase under oxidative stress. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2018, 1862(8):1801-1809.
- Chowdhury A, Choudhury A, Chakraborty S, Ghosh A, Banerjee V, Ganguly S, Bhaduri G, Banerjee R# , Das K# , Chatterjee IB# . p-Benzoquinone-induced aggregation and perturbation of structure and chaperone function of -crystallin is a causative factor of cigarette smoke-related cataractogenesis. Toxicology. 2018, 394, 11-18.
- Debnath A, Sabui S, Wajima T, Hamabata T, Banerjee R, Chatterjee NS# . Functional Role of N- and C-Terminal Amino Acids in the Structural Subunits of Colonization Factor CS6 Expressed by Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2016, 198, 1429-41.
- Ghosh A, Banerjee S, Mitra A, Muralidharan M, Roy B, Banerjee R, Mandal AK, Chatterjee IB# . Interaction of pbenzoquinone with hemoglobin in smoker's blood causes alteration of structure and loss of oxygen binding capacity. Toxicol Rep. 2016, 3, 295-305.
- Banerjee B, Banerjee R# . Urea Unfolding Study of E. coli Alanyl-tRNA Synthetase and Its Monomeric Variants Proves the Role of C-Terminal Domain in Stability. J Amino Acids. 2015, 2015, 805681.