B.Sc (Hons. in Physics, University of Calcutta), M.Sc (in Physics, University of Kalyani), Ph.D (Technology)( in Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta under the supervision of Professor A.N. Daw)
- Recipient of Siddhartha Memorial Gold medal for ranking fist in first class in the M.Sc Examination in Physics of the University of Kalyani.
- Awarded Research Scholarship by the Max-Planck-Institut Für Festkörperforschung, Stuttgart, Germany in 1988.
- Awarded Visiting Fellowship by Indian National Science Academy under INSA Visiting Fellowship for 1992-93
- Visiting Fellow of the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research under the Visiting Fellowship Programme 1996-97 of the Centre.
- Effect of Inversion on the Barrier Height in Metal-SiO 2 - Si Tunnel Diode
- Effect of surface states on the barrier height in a MIS-diode in the presence of inversion
- On the barrier height of a Metal-Semiconductor contact with a thin interfacial layer.
- On the current transport mechanism in a Metal-Insulator- semiconductor (MIS) diode