- Ph.D., Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta 1993 (thesis submitted in 1992)
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of Calcutta, 1986 (examination held in 1987)
- B.Sc. (Physics), Presidency College, Calcutta, 1984 (passing year 1985)
- Sociophysics: An Introduction, P. Sen and B. K. Chakrabarti (Oxford University Press, Oxford) 2013.
- Quantum Ising Phases and Transitions in Transverse Ising models, Lecture Notes in Physics M41, B. K. Chakrabarti, A. Dutta and P. Sen (Springer-Verlag) 1996.
Papers in refereed journals
- Effect of bias in a reaction diffusion system in two dimensions, P. Mullick and P. Sen, Phys. Rev. E, 99 052123 (2019).
- Unusual scaling in a discrete quantum walk with random long range steps, P. Sen, Physica A 514, 266 (2019).
- Effect of localized loading on failure threshold of fiber bundles, Soumyajyoti Biswas and P. Sen, Physica A 509, 1087 (2018).
- Virtual walks in spin space: A study in a family of two-parameter models, P. Mullick and P. Sen, Phys. Rev. E 97, 052122 (2018).
- Critical noise can make the minority candidate win: The U.S. presidential election cases, S. Biswas and P. Sen, Phys. Rev E Phys. Rev. E 96, 032303. (2017).
Papers in conference proceedings
- Spanning clusters in percolation, Proceedings of the Solid State P. Sen, Physics Symposium 41 22 (1998).
- Phase Transitions in Euclidean networks, P. Sen, Physica Scripta T106 55 (2003).
- Directed Accelerated Growth: Application in Citation Network, P. Sen, Physica A 346 (2005) 139.
- Euclidean networks and Dimensionality, P. Sen in Recent developments in Theoretical Physics, eds. S. Ghosh and G. Kar (Platinum Jubilee series of ISI, India) World Scientific (2010) p 375.
- Realistic searches on stretched exponential networks, Pramana 71 313 (2008).
- Funnelling effect in networks, Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering 5 p. 1719 (Proceedings of Complex 2009, published by Springer, 2010)
- Opinion dynamics model with domain size dependent dynamics: novel features and new universality class, Soham Biswas, Parongama Sen, Purusattam Ray, Journal of Physics : Conference Series, 297 012003 (2011)
Articles/Chapters in Books
- P. Sen and P. K. Das, Dynamical frustration in ANNNI model and annealing, in Quantum Annealing and Related Optimisation Methods ed. A. Das and B. K. Chakrabarti, Springer Verlag 2005.
- Complexities of social networks: a physicist’s perspective, in Econophysics and Sociophysics: Trends and perspectives ed. B. K. Chakrabarti, A. Chakrabarti and A. Chatterjee, Wiley-VCH 2006
Edited Journal volumes
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Volume 346, Issues 1-2, February 2005, Eds. Subhrangshu Sekhar Manna, Parongama Sen
- Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Volume 384, Issue 1, October 2007, Eds. Parongama Sen, Pradeep Kumar Mohanty
- Journal of Physics Conference Series. Vol 297, May 2011; coedited with J. K. Bhattacharjee, Bikas K. Chakrabarti and J. Inoue