Area of Specialisation
Modern Indian History with special reference to Indian Labour History and 20th century Bengal Politics and Society.
- The Political Parties and The Labour Politics : 1937-47 with special reference to Bengal (Calcutta, 1992)
- The Working Class Movement: A Study of the Jute Mills of Bengal, 1937-47 (Department of History, University of Calcutta, Monograph Series No. 9, Calcutta, 1994).
- Politics and Protest: A Study of the Four Major Industries in Bengal, 1937-47(Calcutta, 2002)
- Institute of Historical Studies, Kolkata : Fifty Years (Kolkata 2012)
- Trade Union, Working Class Politics and Protest : Bengal 1937-47(Progressive Publishers, Kolkata, 2019)
- English-42 including articles published in journals like Quarterly Review of Historical Studies, Revolt Studies, Calcutta Historical Journal, Indian History Congress Proceeding Volumes, Journals of Dibrugarh University, Burdwan University, Jadavpur University and in a number of anthologies.
- Bengali – 62 including published in journals like Aitihasik, Itihas Anusandhan, Samatat, Mulyayan, Chaturanga, Yuger Dak, Nandan, Parichay, Korak, etc.