Principal area of work: Having done Ph.D. on Francophone women writers of Quebec, I have broadened my area of study to feminist re-writings of mythological figures in contemporary women‟s fiction in Indian and Francophone literature of Quebec and Bengal. Other related subjects of teaching and research: Comparative critical studies in Bengali and Francophone Canadian women‟s writing and Francophone writing by South East Asian women writers: Quebec, Vietnam, Japan and Mauritius.
(2018-2019): Awarded: Shastri Mobility Programme (2018-19) by the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute for Research project on: “Demystifying Gender roles, Re-Writing Mythology in the Feminine: A Study of Francophone Quebec and Indian Women Writers”. Date of Award: September 2018. Award taken: 24th March 2019 to 24th April 2019; Award of CDN 2250 as local expense as well as international airfare and visa cost.
(2017-2019): Award of UPE II –UGC (Federal agency in India) sponsored major project on “The Surreal in South East Asian Francophone Women‟s Writing (2017-2019), final project report to be submitted by March 2020.
(2012-13): Visiting Fellow at the University of Sheffield, U.K. Worked along with Julia Dobson on « L‟Exil et le fantastique dans les œuvres de Ying Chen et de Linda Lê »/ “Exile and the Fantastic in the works of Ying Chen and Linda Lê.” (2012-2014): involved in Seminars and workshops in the 5 year Motherhood Research Network at the Institute of Modern Languages Research: Senate House, University of London.
(2003-2007)- Ph.D. from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Centre for French and Francophone Studies
- Chapter (Book): Peer-reviewed « Le fantastique et l‟espace hybride dans Les Lettres Chinoises de Ying Chen et Le paradis sur la terre de Deepa Mehta » (“The Fantastic and Hybrid Space in the Chinese Letters by Ying Chen and Heaven on Earth by Deepa Mehta”), Book Title :Etudes Quebecoises en Inde et en Etranger, Samhita Publications, Chennai, 2017, ISBN : 978-93-81024-05-8, p. 251-260.
- Article (Journal) Peer-reviewed: « Le voyage d‟un peintre oriental dans l‟imaginaire Yourcenarien- Comment Wang-Fô fut sauvé des Nouvelles orientales » (The voyage of an Oriental Painter in Yourcenar‟s Imagination in the Stoty „How Wang Fo was Saved‟ from the Oriental Tales), published in the journal Caraiveti : Démarche de sagesse ; Peer reviewed Biannual International Journal ; Department of French Studies, B.H.U. Langers Publication House, New Delhi. ISSN : 24356-9690, Vol1, Issue 1; July-December 2017, Langers International Pvt. Ltd, p. 73-78
- Chapter (Book) Peer-reviewed: “Mythology as Symbolic Capital in Deepa Mehta‟s Heaven on Earth and Ananda Devi‟s Le Voile de Draupadi in Stage & Screen: Representations and Self-Discoveries ed. Chinmoy Guha and Sinjini Bandopadhyay, ISBN: 978-81-8211-136-3, Das Gupta and Co. Pvt. Ltd. August 2017, p. 290-306.
- Chapter (Book) Peer-reviewed: “Mothers in Mythology: Transforming Cultural Capital in Nabaneeta Dev Sen‟s Beginning with Sita (Sita Theke Shuru), and Louky Bersianik‟s Picnic on the Acropolis (Le Pique Nique sur l’Acropole)”, in Gender and Diversity (Ed.) Malashri Lal and others, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, 2015. ISBN: 978-81-316-0714-5, p. 125-140.
- Article (Journal) Peer-reviewed: “Re-écrire la mythologie au féminin: une étude linguistique de la trilogie, Comme une Enfant de la Terre de Jovette Marchessault » in the journal Réflexions, No. 1, 2014, (ISSN : 2320-0677), EFL University, Hyderabad, p. 38-55.