- Lady Brabourne College, University of Calcutta BSc 1996 Botany (Honors) with Chemistry and Zoology (Pass), English (Selective language)
- University of Calcutta MSc 1998 Botany (Specialization in Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics and Plant Tissue Culture)
- University of Calcutta PhD 2005 Tissue Culture and Agrobacterium Mediated Transformation in Medicinal Plants.
Positions held/ holding:
- Department of Botany, University of Calcutta Assistant professor July, 2006 -- Present
Select list of publications:
- Bandyopadhyay, Maumita and Jha, Sumita, 2003, Withania species-a review, Journal of Tropical Medicinal Plants,4(2): 273-284.
- Jha, Sumita and Bandyopadhyay, Maumita and Chaudhuri, Kuntal Narayan and Ghosh, Seemanti and Ghosh, Biswajit, 2005, Biotechnological approaches for the production of forskolin, withanolides, colchicine and tylophorine, Plant Genetic Resources, 3(2):101-115. ISSN 1479-2621 Impact Factor: 0.712
- Bandyopadhyay, Maumita and Jha, Sumita and Tepfer, David, 2007, Changes in morphological phenotypes and withanolide composition of Ri-transformed roots of Withania somnifera, Plant Cell Reports,26(5):599-609. DOI 10.1007/s00299-006-0260-0 Impact Factor: 3.071
- Chaudhuri, Kuntal and Das, Sudripta and Bandyopadhyay, Moumita and Zalar, Andreja and Kollmann, Albert and Jha, Sumita and Tepfer, David, 2009, Transgenic mimicry of pathogen attack stimulates growth and secondary metabolite accumulation, Transgenic Research, 18(1):121-134. doi: 10.1007/s11248-008-9201-8 Impact Factor: 2.197
- Bandyopadhyay M and Jha S, 2008, High Efficiency Transfomation in Artemisia annua with Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Recent advances in Plant Biotechnology ans Its applications: Prof. Dr. Karl_hermann Neumann Commemorative Volume, Eds. Prof. Ashwani Kumar and Dr. Sudhir K Sopory, Ch. 16:pp 257-277; Publisher:IK International Pvt. Ltd., ISBN 8189866095.
- Manna I. and Bandyopadhyay M. (2019) Physicochemical Perturbation of Plants on Exposure to Metal Oxide Nanoparticle, Chapter 16, pp: 323-352, In: Nanomaterials in Plants, Algae, and Microorganisms: Concepts and Controversies, Volume 2 (Elsevier Acadaemic Press), Eds. DK Tripathi et al. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-811488-9.00016-0