| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| University of Calcutta ||B. Sc (H) |
| University of Calcutta || B. Tech in Chemical Technology |
| University of Calcutta || M. Tech in Oil Technology |
| University of Calcutta || Ph D in Oil Technology |
Positions held/ holding:
- Lecturer (25.05.2005 – 24.05.2009)
- Senior Lecturer (25.05.2009 – 24.05.2014)
- Asst Professor (Stage III) (25.05.2014 – 24.05.2017)
- Associate Professor (25.05.2017 – till continuing)
- Processing & modifications of Fats & Oils; Nutritional evaluation of special lipids;
- Non-edible application of vegetable oils, Biotechnological modification of lipid components
- Analysis and detection of contaminants, process optimizations
- Studies on preparation and characterization of emulsions, encapsulates and oleogels
- Microbial production of special lipids
- Protein modification
- Number of researchers awarded Ph.D. degrees: 12
- Number of researchers pursuing Ph.D.: 6
Select list of publications:
- Analysis of sterol and other components present in unsaponifiable matters of Mahua, Sal and Mango Kernel oil. R Dhara, D.K. Bhattacharyya and Mahua Ghosh, Journal of Oleo Science, Vol 59, pp. 169- 176, 2010.
- Modulation of platelet aggregation, haematological and histological parameters by structured lipids on hypercholesterolemic rats, A. Sengupta and M. Ghosh, Lipids, vol. 45, pp. 393-400, 2010.
- Comparative study on sterol ester synthesis using Thermomyces lanuginosus lipase in stirred tank and packed-bed bioreactors. A. Sengupta, M. Pal, S. SilRoy and M. Ghosh, Journal of American Oil Chemists‟ Society, vol. 87, pp. 1019-1025, 2010
- Ameliorative role of conjugated linolenic acid isomers against oxidative DNA damage induced by sodium arsenite in rat model. S.S. Saha and M. Ghosh, Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 48, pp. 3398-3405, 2010.
- Integrity of erythrocytes of hypercholesterolemic and normocholesterolemic rats during ingestion of different structured lipids. A. Sengupta and M. Ghosh, European Journal of Nutrition, vol. 50, pp. 411-419, 2010.