She is the Co-ordinator of Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Management and Planning
University Grants Commission Research Fellow from April, 1986 to March 1991, at Centre for Urban Economic Studies, Calcutta University; Joined as a full-time lecturer at Department of Commerce, Calcutta University in August, 1995; Promoted to Senior Lecturer in August 1999; Joined as Associate Professor in Department of Economics, Calcutta University in December, 2003. Professor since 2009 Director, Centre for Urban Economic Studies, Calcutta University (July 2010-December 2017) Head, Department of Economics, Calcutta University (from February 2012- January 2014)
- Economics of Urban Land Use: A Study of Calcutta Metropolis, VDM Verlag (March, 2010)
- Environmental Management in India – A Study of Industrial Pollution Control in Kolkata Metropolis, VDM Verlag, Dr. Muller, (August 2010)
- “Land Use in Calcutta Metropolitan Area: Some Preliminary Issues” in Calcutta: Land and People, published by the Department of Geography, Calcutta University and Geographical Society of India, Calcutta 1993;
- “Evolution and Growth of Municipal Towns in Calcutta Metropolitan Area”, Discussion Paper Number 4, Centre for Urban Economic Studies
- “Environmental Improvement of Indian Slums”, Science, Technology & Development, Journal of the Third World Science, technology & Development Forum, Volume 14, Number 2, August 1996, Frank Cass, London.
- “Urbanisation and Demographic Changes in India (1961- 91)”, Business Studies, Journal of the Department of Commerce, Calcutta University, Platinum Jubilee issue, Volume XIX, Nos. 1 & 2, 1996.