Master of Arts in 1997 from the University of Calcutta in Ancient Indian History and Culture backed by the Honours Degree in History from Calcutta University. Passed the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) in December 1999.
- Lecturer in History (Part- Time) in Dinabandhu Andrews College.
- Lecturer in History (Leave-Vacancy) in Sivnath Shastri College.
- Full-time Lecturer in History, Scottish Church College.
Areas of Teaching Interest
Social History of India especially the Social History of Religion and Religious Art in ancient and early medieval India. Also, literature and history especially the use of ancient literary accounts, including the Epics and the Puranas, in the reconstruction of ancient Indian history.
Heritage Studies with particular emphasis on the cultural and intellectual reconstruction of ancient heritage in India through historical texts and archaeological museums.
Awarded PhD degree for the thesis on Displaying Indias Heritage: Imperialism, Nationalism and the Museum Movement in Colonial Bengal, completed under the supervision of Professor Bhaskar Chakrabarty in the Department of History, Calcutta University in January, 2010.
- Collaborated with Professor Bhaskar Chakrabarty in a project on History and Culture in Modern India sponsored by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute For Asian Studies.
- Worked as the Principal Investigator in UPE Project on A Continuing Religious Process: Goddess Worship in West Bengal and Orissa.
- Working as one of the co-investigators in the UPE Project phase II of the Department of Ancient Indian History and Culture, Calcutta University on Early Indias Interaction with Early South-East Asia: Re-Interpreting the Old and Opening up New Vistas.
Participation in Training Courses
- Participated in the Refresher Course in the Department of History in 2010
- Participated in the Special Summer School in the Department of Museology in 2013.
- Attended the Winter School from 10th March to 31st March, 2017, on Nation and Higher Education organized by the Faculty of Arts, Jadavpur University.
- Guided seven M.Phil students who have obtained their M.Phil degree. Three students are presently enrolled.
- Four students are registered in the PhD Programme.
- An essay entitled Writing the History of Museums: Some Critical Issues (pp. 33-51), published in Calcutta Historical Journal Vol.26, No.1, January-June, 2006. (ISSN NO. 0254- 9794).
- A review essay on Tapati Guha Thakurtas work, Monuments, Objects, Histories: Institutions of Art in colonial and post-colonial India (PP- 103-107), published in the Journal of the Asiatic Society, Vol.XLIX, No.2, 2007. (ISSN NO. 0368- 3308)
- An essay entitled The Mansion of the Gods: Ramaprasad Chanda and Archaeology in the Indian Museum (pp. 65-84), published in the Journal of the Asiatic Society Vol.LII, No.4, 2010. (ISSN NO. 0368-3308).