- B.Sc. in Chemistry (1999) from R. K. Mission Vidyamandira Belurmath, Howrah
- M.Sc. in Inorganic Chemistry (2001), from University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (2008) from IIT Kanpur, India
- 2016 to Till date: Assistant Professor in Chemistry at University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India \
- 2015 to 2016: DS Kothari Post doctoral fellow at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- 2013 to 2015: Marie-Curie Experienced researcher at University of Manchester, UK
- 2012 to 2013: Post-doctoral fellow at T. U. of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- 2012 to 2012: FCT Post-doctoral fellow at Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- 2011 to 2012: Post-doctoral fellow at Indiana University Bloomington, USA 7. 2008 to 2010: JSPS Post-doctoral Fellow at Osaka University, Japan
Bioinorganic Chemistry: Artificial enzyme like functional modelling for metalloenzyme such as Nitric oxide reductase, Nitrous oxide reductase, nitrile hydratase
Inorganic, Organometallic and Catalysis: Synthetic functional models for Low temperature water gas shift reaction, CO2 reduction.
Computational Chemistry: Computational modelling of transition metal catalysed small molecule activation
- "A quinoxaline–diaminomaleonitrile conjugate system for colorimetric detection of Cu2+ in 100% aqueous medium: observation of aldehyde to acid transformation" R. Bag, Y. Sikdar, S. Sahu, P. Saha, J. Bag, K. Pal* and S. Goswami*, Dalton Trans., 2019, 48, Accepted
- "The Knoevenagel condensation using quinine as an organocatalyst under solvent-free conditions " K. Jain, S. Chaudhuri, K. Pal and K. Das, New J. Chem., 2019,43, 1299-1304.
- “Electron and Oxygen Atom Transfer Chemistry of Co(II) in a Proton Responsive, Redox Active Ligand Environment” B. J. Cook, M. Pink, K. Pal, and K. G. Caulton, Inorg. Chem., 2018, 57 (10), pp 6176–6185, 3
- "A three-coordinate iron-silylene complex stabilized by ligand-ligand dispersion forces" M. M. Hänninen, K. Pal, B. M. Day,. T. Pugh,. R. A. Layfield, Dalton Trans., 2016, In Press
- “Iron- and Cobalt-Catalysed Synthesis of Carbene-Phosphinidenes” K. Pal, O. B. Hemming, B. M. Day, T. Pugh, D. J. Evans, R. A. Layfield, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 1690-1693.
- “One Electron Reduced Square Planar Bis(benzene-1,2-dithiolato) Copper Dianionic Complex and Redox Switch by O2/HO-“ Maiti, B. K., Pal, K.; Maia, L. B. ; Avilés, T.; Moura, I.; Pauleta, S. R. , Nuñez, J. L.; Rizzi, A. C.; Brondino, C. D.; Sarkar, S.; Moura, J. J. G., Inorg.Chem., 2014, 53, 12799−12808.