Major Fields of Concentration:
- Monetary Economics,
- International Macroeconomics,
- Financial Economics,
- Development Economics.
- Research Officer, Department of Economic Analysis and Policy, Reserve Bank of India, India. Duration: 1994-Present. I was associated with the group responsible for preparation of national savings estimates and flow of funds accounts. I was associated with the forecasting for household financial savings for the XIth Five Year Plan and drafted portion of the Report of the Working Group on Savings for the XIth Five Year Plan. I am a member of Reserve Bank of India-Madras School of Economics Joint Project on Macroeconomic Modeling and Forecasting. I was in the drafting team for the publication Report on Currency and Finance, 2006-07, which is focusing on the banking sector of India.
- Intern, Wages and Means Committee, New York State Assembly, Albany, NY. Duration: 2000-2001. I worked with the economists’ group in the Committee.
- Intern Research, Workforce Strategies Inc., USA. Duration: 2005. I worked with labour related issues in USA.
- “Measuring Technical Efficiency and Returns to Scale in Indian Agriculture Using Panel Data: A Case Study of West Bengal”, (with Debashis Mithiya and Simonti Bandopadhyay), Applied Economics and Finance, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 1- 14, November, 2019.
- “Convergence of Indian States in the First Decade of the 21st Century”, (with Soumi Bhattacharya), Artha Vijnana, Vol. LXI, No. 2, pp. 143-55, June, 2019.
- “Forecasting Potato Prices of Hooghly in West Bengal: Time Series Analysis Using SARIMA Model”, (with Debasis Mithiya and Lakshmikanta Datta), International Journal of Agricultural Economics, ISSN: 2575-3851, Vol. 4(3), pp. 101-108, 2019.
- “Time Series Analysis and Forecasting of Oilseeds Production in India: Using Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average and Group Method of Data Handling- 4 Neural Network”, (with Debasis Mithiya and Lakshikanta Datta), Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics and Sociology, ISSN: 2320-7027, Vol. 30(2), pp. 1-14, 2019.