PROTEIN-STRUCTURE FUNCTION, DISEASE BIOLOGY, PHYSIOLOGY OF NITRIC-OXIDE & NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE, OXIDATIVE STRESS & PROTEOMICS
- Presidency College, Kolkata B.Sc (Chemistry) [Hons]
- University of Calcutta M.Sc (Biochemistry)
- Jadavpur University M.Tech (Biotechnology)
- University of Calcutta Ph.D (Biochemistry)
- Cleveland Clinic, USA Fellowship
Positions held/ holding:
- Head & Coordinator: Department of Biotechnology & GCGEB, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
- Professor: Department of Biotechnology & GCGEB, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
- Director: West Bengal Biotech Development Corporation, Govt. of West Bengal
- Adviser: Dept. of Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal
- Associate Professor: Department of Biotechnology, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.
- Assistant Professor: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University, Department of Molecular Medicine (2004-2006)
- Project Scientist: Department of Immunology & Pathobiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA (2004 to 2005).
- Research Associate Staff: Department of Immunology & Pathobiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA (2002 to 2003).
- Nitric-Oxide Biology & Structure-Function Relationship of Nitric-Oxide Synthase
- Inflammatory Lung Diseases: Mechanism & Prevention
- Oxidative Damage and Antioxidant Therapeutics
- Arsenic Poisoning: Mechanism & Prevention
Select list of publications:
- Nitric oxide sensing by chlorophyll a. Bhattacharya, A; Biswas, P; Kar, P; Roychoudury, P; Basu, S.; Ghosh, S, Ganguly, S.; Pal, R; Panda, K., Dasgupta, A.K. Anal. Chim. Acta 985:101-113. Sep 8, 2017.
- Chitosan-induced immunity in Camellia sinensis (L.) O. Kuntze against blister blight disease is mediated by nitric-oxide. Chandra S, Chakraborty N, Panda K, Acharya K. Plant Physiol Biochem.115: 298-307. doi:10.1016/j.plaphy. 2017.04.008. Apr 7, 2017.
- Ascorbate attenuates pulmonary emphysema by inhibiting tobaccosmoke and Rtp801 triggered lung protein modification and proteolysis. Gupta, I, Ganguly, S. Rozanas, C.R., Stuehr, D.J, Panda K (corresponding author) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA [PNAS]. 113(29):E4208-17. July 19, 2016
- Simultaneous Determination of Black TeaDerived Catechins and Theaflavins in Tissues of Tea Consuming Animals Using UltraPerformance LiquidChromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Ganguly, S., G.T.Kumar, Mantha, S., Panda K (corresponding author) PLoS One. (10):e63498. d01oi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0163498. Oct 3, 2016
- mRNA and Protein levels of rat pancreas specific protein disulphide isomerase are downregulated during Hyperglycemia. Gupta R, Bhar K, Sen N, Bhowmick D, Mukhopadhyay S, Panda K, Siddhanta A. Indian J Exp Biol. 54(2):100-7. Feb, 2016