Specialisation : Neurobiochemistry
- University of Calcutta : B.Sc.
- University of Calcutta : M.Sc.
- Jadavpur University : Ph.D.
Positions held/ holding:
- 2007-2012, Postdoctoral Fellow (University of New Mexico, USA)
- 2012-2013, Visiting Research Assistant Professor (University of New Mexico, USA)
- 2013-Todate, Assistant Professor (University of Calcutta)
- Understanding the role of Circadian clock in opioid addiction.
- Cerebral ischemic stroke And Circadian clock.
Select list of publications:
- The Indian Genome Variation database (IGVdb): a project overview. Member of the The Indian Genome Variation Consortium (2005) Human Genetics, 118, 1-11.
- Genetic landscape of the people of India: a canvas for disease gene exploration. Indian Genome Variation Consortium (2008) Journal of Genetics, 87(1), 3-20.
- Water-soluble tripeptide Abeta (9-11) forms amyloid-like fibrils and exhibits neurotoxicity. Naskar J, Drew MG, Deb I, Das S, Banerjee A. (2008) Organic Letters. 10 (13), 2625- 2628.
- Synthesis and characterizations of novel quinoline derivatives having mixed ligand activities at the kappa and mu receptors: Potential therapeutic efficacy against morphine dependence. Deb I, Paira P, Hazra A, Banerjee S, Dutta PK, Mondal NB, Das S. (2009) Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 17(16), 5782-5790.
- Ishani Deb and Sumantra Das (2005) Genetic variability leading to narcotic abuse: potential implication of single nucleotide polymorphism. In, Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology (M.K. Thakur and S. Prasad, Eds), pp247-257, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, India.