- 2015-Present,: Associate Professor, Department. of Biotechnology, University of Calcutta
- 2012-2015: Assistant Professor (Reader), Department. of Biotechnology, University of Calcutta
- 2007-2012: Senior Lecturer, Department. of Biotechnology, University of Calcutta
- 2003-2007: Lecturer, Department. of Biotechnology, University of Calcutta
- 2000-2003: Senior Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Prof. K.Trybus, Dept. of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics,University of Vermont, Burlington, USA.
- 1997 - 2000 : Post-Doctoral Research Associate, With Prof. R. Himes, Dept. of Biochemistry,University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, USA.
- 1992 - 1996 : Ph.D. degree, Biochemistry Department , With Prof. B.Bhattacharyya, Bose Institute, Calcutta, India,
- 1988 - 1990 : Master of Science degree in Chemistry, with specialization in Organic Chemistry, University of Calcutta, June,
- 1991. 1985 - 1988 : Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry Honours (Major) with Physics & Mathematics as subsidiary subjects, University of Calcutta,.
- Investigation of Mechanism of Drug-Resistance in Cancer and its Management (Last 5 Years)
- Targeted Anticancer Drug Developmen:Development of anti-tumor agent (lead compounds) from natural compounds targeting tubulin-microtubule system, a major cytoskeleton protein:
- Drug (Paclitxel) Delivery Using Solid-Lipid Nanoparticle Through Oral Route
- Award of the Junior Research Fellowship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India after qualifying the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted jointly by CSIR and University Grants Commission (UGC) held in June 1991.
- Award of the Senior Research Fellowship by the CSIR.
- Award of the National Scholarship on the basis of Bachelor of Science Examination.
- Invited speaker in a symposium Recent Trends in Biotechnology On March 27, 2006 at Biotechnology Department, Haldia Institutue of Technology, Haldia, WB.
- Chakrabarti,G., Sengupta,S., and Bhattachayya, B. (1996), Thermodynamics of ColchicinoidTubulin Interactions : Role of B-ring and C-7 substiutent, J. Biol. Chem. 271, 2897-2901.
- Chakrabarti, G., Kim,S., Gupta, M. L., Barton, J.S., and Himes, R. H. (1999), Stabilization of Tubulin by Deuterium Oxide. Biochemistry 38, 3067-3072.
- Chakrabarti,G., Mejillano,M.R.,Park,Y.H., David G. Vander Velde and Himes,R.H. (2000) The Nucleoside Triphosphate Specificity of Tubulin. Biochemistry 39, 10269-10274.
- Acharya, B., Bhattacharyya, B., and Chakrabarti, G. (2008) The natural naphthoquinone plumbagin exhibits antiproliferative activity and disrupts the microtubule network through tubulin binding. Biochemistry 47, 7838-7845 (Highly accessed, appeared as an hot article).
- Das, A, Bhattacharya, A., and Chakrabarti, G. (2009) Cigarette smoke extract induces disruption of structure and function of tubulin-microtubule in lung epithelium cells and in vitro. Chem. Res. Toxicol. (ACS publication) 22, 446-459.
- Acharya, B. R., Choudhury, D., Das, A. Chakrabarti, G. (2009) Vitamin K3 disrupts the microtubule networks by tubulin binding: A novel mechanism of its antiproliferative activity Biochemistry 48, 6963-6974.