(i) Passed Madhyamik Examination (10-th Std.) under W.B.B.S.E in 1983 with First division and 82.2% from Paranchak Siksha Niketan and 49th rank.
(ii) Passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2-th Std.) under W.B.C.H.S.E in 1985 with First division and 85.9%from Mahishadal Raj College and 26th rank.
(iii) Passed Bachelor of Science (Hons. in Physics ) under University of Calcutta 1988 with First class (69.3%) and First division from R.K.M.R. College, Narendrapur and 6th rank.
(iv) Passed Master of Science (Pure Physics ) under University of Calcutta in 1991 with First class and 81.6% and 2nd rank. Specialization in Solid State Physics.
(v) Passed Post-Master of Science from Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (Calcutta) in 1992 with First division and 76.9% and 2nd rank. Specialization in Condensed Matter Physics.
Teaching Experience: I am teaching at present General Solid State Physics, Advanced Material Physics, Collective Phenomena in Solid State Physics and Condensed Matter Physics to M.Sc. Students. I am also looking after the experiments in condensed matter laboratory.
Often I take some surprise Quiz to test the conception of the subjects developed in the students. Problem sets were also given to judge their concepts as well as to overcome and to do better result in the examination.
I offered an informal graduate level course on `Quantum Many Body Theory’ to Prof. Indrani Bose's group (Bose Institute, 93/1, A. P. C. Roy Road, Cal- 9). Four students attended the course and few sets of problem on the subject were given.
I had taught Advanced Quantum Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics to M. Sc. students of B. E. College (Deemed University), Shibpur, Howrah as a guest lecturer.
List of Publications:
(1) P. B. Sunil Kumar and D. Jana, Imbibition: Experiments and Simulations, Physica A, 224, 199 (1996).
(2) P. B. Sunil Kumar and D. Jana, Imbibition: An Example of nonconserved cellular automaton, cond-mat/9509047.
(3) D. Jana, Charged Scalar Field in an external magnetic field: Renormalization and Universal Diamagnetism, Nucl. Phys. B, 473[FS], No. 3, 659-684 (1996).
(4) D. Jana, Charged Scalar Field in an external magnetic field: Renormalization and Universal Diamagnetism,(Erratum), Nucl. Phys. B, 485[FS], No. 3, 747-749(1996). 1
(5) D. Jana, On a simple yet interesting experiment in Complex System, Physics Teacher, 40, No. 4, 161 (1998).