| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| University of Calcutta ||B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons.) |
| IIT Kharagpur || M.Sc. (Chemistry) |
| IACS, Kolkata1 || Ph.D. |
Positions held/ holding:
i) Assistant Professor, Visva-Bharati University, West Bengal
ii) Associate Professor, University of Calcutta
Research guidance :
Number of researchers awarded Ph.D degrees : 2
Number of researchers pursuing Ph.D : 5
Invited lectures delivered :
"Skill Development in the Application of Ultra-fast Lasers in Chemical Science and Technology" NIT, Durgapur, March 2015
Select List of Research Publications
- 3',4'-Methylenedioxy-3-Hydroxyflavone: Switchover from Reversible to Irreversible ESIPT along the n-Alcohol Series Deborin Ghosh, Giasuddin Ahamed, Shaikh Batuta, Naznin Ara Begum Debabrata Mandal Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry (2016) 328, 77-86.
- Effect of an Electron-Donating Substituent at the 3′,4′-position of 3- Hydroxyflavone: Photophysics in Bulk Solvents Deborin Ghosh, Giasuddin Ahamed, Shaikh Batuta, Naznin Ara Begum, and Debabrata Mandal J. Phys. Chem. A (2016) 120, 44−54.
- Fluorescent Ag nanoclusters prepared in aqueous poly(acrylic acid-comaleic acid) solutions: a spectroscopic study of their excited state dynamics, size and local environment Manika Dandapat and Debabrata Mandal Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (2016) 18, 2564--2573.
- Unusually slow intramolecular proton transfer dynamics of 4’-N,Ndimethylamino-3-hydroxyflavone in high n-alcohols: involvement of solvent relaxation Deborin Ghosh, Shaikh Batuta, Naznin Ara Begum and Debabrata Mandal Photochem. Photobiol. Sci. (2016) 15, 266–277.
- A case study of photo induced electron transfer between riboflavin and aliphatic amine: Deciphering different mechanisms of ET operating from femtosecond to microsecond time domain C. Sengupta a, M.K. Sarangi , A. Sau , Debabrata Mandal, Samita Basu Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry (2015) 296, 25–34.