| Degree || University |
| B.Sc, || Calcutta University |
| M.Sc. || Calcutta University |
| Ph.D. || Jadavpur University |
Ph.D. (1986-1991) I.A.C.S. (Kolkata) Thesis title: “Bridged Ring and Condensed Cyclic Systems”
- January 1994 - October 2005 (St. Paul’s C. M. College)
- Joined as Reader at Calcutta University in October 2005
- Associate Professor (Calcutta University, January 2006)
- Professor (Calcutta University, June 2010 till date)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- “Intramolecular Ullmann-type C−N coupling for the synthesis of substituted benzo[4,5]imidazo[1,2-a]pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyridines” by Pampa Maity and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Tetrahedron, volume 75 (issue 35), pages 1-10 (2019).
- “Pseudo five component reaction towards densely functionalized spiro[indole-3,2'- pyrrole] by picric acid, an efficient syn-diastereoselective catalyst: An insight to the diastereoselection on C(sp3 )-C(sp3 ) axial conformation” by Ayon Sengupta, Suvendu Maity, Animesh Mondal, Prasanta Ghosh, Sonali Rudra and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 17, 1254-1265 (2019).
- “Na-Y Zeolite, a convenient and recyclable catalyst for the facile one-pot synthesis of spiro dibenzo[b,e][1,4]oxazepine scaffolds”, by Kajal De, Suvendu Maity, Prasanta Ghosh and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Applied Organometallic Chemistry (DOI: 10.1002/aoc.4852) volume 33, issue 6, pages 1-12 (2019).
- “Acid-Promoted Multicomponent Allylic Amidation towards 7-acetamido tetrahydroindole derivatives” by Sayan Pramanik, Suvendu Maity, Prasanta Ghosh and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Tetrahedron Letters, 60, 435-438 (2019).
- “A Quick Accelerating Microwave Assisted Sustainable Technique: Permutated SpiroCasing for Imaging Experiment” by Animesh Mondal, Barnali Naskar, Sanchita Goswami, Chandraday Prodhan, Keya Chaudhuri and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Molecular Diversity (DOI: 10.1007/s11030-019-09934-7) (2019).
- Organic Synthesis with special emphasis on nitrogen containing heterocycles like pyridines, triazoles, 1,2,4,5-tetrasubstituted imidazoles, diverse five ring fused acridines, pyrroloacridinones, acridine-1,8-dione, xanthenes, 2,4,5-triaryl and 2-alkyl-4,5-diaryl oxazole, blue light emitting highly fluorescent C7-imidazo indolizines, 1,6- naphthyridines, spiro-pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridines and spiro[indolo-3,10´-indeno [1,2- b]quinolin]-trione etc…,
- Green Chemical reactions using green catalys heterogeneous catalysis mainly silica and alumina based
- organic-inorganic hybrid catalysts
- mixed metal-oxide catalysts
- host-guest chemistry focusing on the formation of pseudorotaxanes
- application of nano-catalysts towards organic transformations
- multicomponent reactions
- calixarene chemistry: synthesis and applications
- fluorescence sensors and their application in imaging in living cells