Specialisation : Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy
- Kings College, University of London Ph.D.
- University of Calcutta M.Sc.
- Presidency College, University of Calcutta B. Sc.
Positions held/ holding:
- Professor, University of Calcutta (2007- present)
- Reader, University of Calcutta (1998 2007)
- Lecturer, University of Calcutta (1990 1998)
- Assistant Professor, West Bengal Educational Service (1986 - 1990)
- Bioactivity of food and medicinal plants
- Metabolomics approach for search of bioactive constituents
- Metabolomics as a tool to study stress tolerance in plants
Select list of publications:
- J. Acharya, S. Karak, B. De. In press. Metabolite profile and bioactivity of Musa X paradisiaca . flower extracts. J Food Biochemistry.
- S. Karak, P. Bhattacharya, A. Nandy, A. Saha, B. De. In press. Metabolite profiling and chemometric study for varietal difference in Piper betle L. leaf. Current Metabolomics.
- S. Das, M. Dutta, K.Chowdhury, B. De. 2016. Metabolomic and chemometric study of Achras sapota L. fruit extracts for identification of metabolites contributing to the inhibition of -amylase and -glucosidase. European Food Research and Technology 242, 733-743.
- Das, B De. 2015. Analyzing changes in metabolite profile during postharvest ripening in Achras sapota fruits: GC-MS based metabolomics approach. International Food Research Journal 22 (6), 2288-2293
- Gargi Nag, Sukriti Das, Susmita Das, Suvra Mandal, Bratati De. 2015. Antioxidant, anti-acetylcholinesterase and anti-glycosidase properties of three species of Swertia, their xanthones and amarogentin: A comparative study Pharmacognosy Journal 7 (2), 117-123.
- Jayashree Acharya and Bratati De. 2015. Evaluation of antidiabetic, neuroprotective, antihypertensive and hepatoprotective potential of flowers of Cucurbita maxima Duchesne. Indian J.Sci.Res. 11 (1): 017-023.
- De Bratati and Banerjee Archana. (2010) Antioxidant activity of the phytochemicals, In Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products (Vol. 4: Antioxidants & Nutraceuticals. Eds. V. K. Gupta and A.K. Verma), published by M/S. Studium Press LLC, USA , 37-66 (ISBN : 1-933699-50-7)
- Mukhopadhyay Ananya and De Bratati. (2010) Free radical scavenging and DNA damage preventing properties of Amaranthus tricolor L. In Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products (Vol. 4: Antioxidants & Nutraceuticals. Eds. V. K. Gupta and A.K. Verma), published by M/S. Studium Press LLC, USA . 217-227 (ISBN : 1-933699-50-7)
- Dasgupta Nabasree and De Bratati. (2007) Antioxidant activity of Azadirachta indica A. Juss. (neem) Leaf. In V.K. Singh, J.N. Govil and C. Arunachalam (ed.) "Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants", Volume 17, 449-457, Phytochemistry and Pharmacology III, STUDIUM PRESS LLC, Houston, Texas .