Specialization: Community Information Services, Bibliometrics, LIS Education, Library Management, Collection Development
(a) Residential Address: ADITI APARTMENT, 466, Garfa Main Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata-700075
(b) E-mail: email@example.com
(c) Mobile No: 9830504380
| College / University from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the Degree |
| University of Calcutta || M.A. in Sociology |
| University of Calcutta || LL.B |
|University of Calcutta || M.Lib.Sc. (Gold Medalist) |
|University of Calcutta || Ph.D. in LIS |
| UGC NET in LIS || UGC |
Position held / holding:
a) Position held:
i) Member of Senate 1993-2007 (2 terms)
ii) Member of Syndicate 2003-2009 (2 terms)
iii) Member BOS, NBU
iv) Member, Research Advisory Committee, RBU
v) Coordinator, 5 Year Integrated MLIS, CU vi) Editor, CUJIS
vii) Member, Editorial Board, Calcutta Review
b) Position holding:
i) Joint Coordinator, Centre for Studies in Book Publishing
ii) Member Advisory Committee, CIIL
iii) Member Space Committee, CU
iv) Coordinator, M.Phil in LIS, CU
v) Member BOS, VU
vi) Member, Ph.D Committee, VU
vii) Member BOS, NSOU
viii) Library Secretary, The Asiatic Society, Kolkata
- Community Information Services
- LIS Education
- Library Management
- Collection Development
- Number of researchers awarded M.Phil degrees: 39
- Number of researchers awarded Ph.D theses: 23
- Number of researchers pursuing Ph.D degrees: 09
(a) Completed projects: A Major Research Project on Information Need of Dhibar Community of Gosaba Block in the District of 24 PGS (South) under UPE Scheme of the UGC.
(b) Current projects: Nil
Select list of publications:
- Preservation and restoration of library materials: types and techniques (with Abira Chakrabarti). 2011. Progressive Publishers.
- A practical guide to 22nd edition of the Dewey Decimal Classification (with Arabinda Maity). 2011. Progressive Publishers.
- An introduction to library management (with Ashis Biswas and Sabahat Nausheen). 2011. Progressive Publishers.
- Tathya utsa o parisheba (with Dipak Kumar Kundu). 2012. Pragatisil Prakashak.
- Library and Society : an introduction with N. Bhattacharya
- Information Sources in Humanities and their Bibliographical Control. (with Tridib Chatterjee). 2002-2003.Librarian.9& 10; 58-68.
- Educational Information Need of Solapith (Malakar) Community at Bankapasi village in Burdwan District of West Bengal and the role of Gram Panchayat. (with MLIS students). 2003. Conference Proceedings of the XXIV IASLIC Conference, Dehradun, pp. 335-344. 4
- Information Support for Rural development through Local History Collection. (with Tridib Chatterjee).2004.Seminar Proceedings of the 21st Seminar of IASLIC, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- The Social Science Research Centres and Libraries in India at a Glimpse. (with Tridib Chatterjee).2004-05.Librarian.11 & 12;14-30. '
- Concepts of Community Information Service in the West and in India. In S.K.Sen and others ed. Politics Culture and Society – Collection of Essays in Memory of S M Ganguly.2005.New Age.Kolkata.pp. 279-291.