Specialisation : MICROBIOLOGY AND VIROLOGY
- B.Sc.(Botany Honours) 1989 Scottish Church College, University of Calcutta
- M.Sc.Botany (Microbiology Specialization) 1991 Department of Botany, University of Calcutta
- JRF July 1992- August 1994 School of Biochemical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi
- PhD 2002 Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- CRISPR CAS mediated inhibition of HIV.
- Genome editing to study cell to cell transmission of HCV.
- RNAi mediated inhibition of Hepatitis C virus.
- Lentiviral vector mediated delivery of multiplex shRNAs.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction studies due to antiretroviral drug and HIV infection.
- Identification of phytochemicals having anti HIV and anti HCV activity.
- Study of bacterial endophytesfrom selected medicinal plants.
- Isolation and identification of lead anti-HIV natural compounds from selected medicinal plants Approved by West Bengal Department of Biotechnology (WB-DBT), 2018 for 3 years (Rs. 27.72 Lakh) (On Going).
- Isolation and Identification of anti-HCV natural compounds from selected Indian Medicinal Plants. Approved by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology,Govt. of India, (2013-2016) (Rs. 35.5 Lakh).
- Co PI-Plant Chromosome Information Centre. Approved by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology,Govt. of India, (2011 to 2014) (31.84 Lakh).
Select list of publications:
- Krishna Kumar Ganta and Binay Chaubey (2018) Endoplasmic reticulum stress leads to mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in cells treated with anti-HIV protease inhibitor ritonavir. Cell BiolToxicol. 2018 Nov. doi: 10.1007/s10565-018-09451-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Binay Chaubey (2018) Isolation of Endophytes: The Gold Standard? In Reference Series inPhytochemistry, Endophytes and Secondary Metabolites Ed S.Jha, Springer, doi. 10.1007/ 978 -3-319-76900-4_25-1.
- AnirbanMandal and Binay Chaubey(2018) Expression of Duplex shRNAs through a Lentiviral Vector against Cellular and Viral Genes Inflicts Sustained Inhibition of Hepatitis C Virus Replication. Intervirology, 61 (2): 79-91.
- Ewelina Krol , Gabriela Pastuch-Gawolek , Binay Chaubey , Gabriela Brzuska, Karol Erfurt and Boguslaw Szewczyk (2018) Novel Uridine Glycoconjugates, Derivatives of 4-Aminophenyl 1- Thioglycosides,as Potential Antiviral Compounds. Molecules,23 (6):1435; doi:10.3390/ molecules23061435
- Paul P, Nandagopal K, Agarwala N, Das S, Jha S and Chaubey B (2017) A Proteomic Approach to Evaluate the Effects of Endogenous Expression of CryptogeinGene in Crypt-Transgenic Plants of Bacopa monnieri. J Appl Biotechnol Bioeng, 4(3): 00104. DOI: 10.15406/jabb.2017.04.00103.
- Gabriela Pastuch-Gawolek, Binay Chaubey, Boguslaw Szewczyk and Ewelina Krol (2017) Novelthioglycosyl analogs of glycosyltransferase substrates as antiviral compounds against classical swine fever virus and hepatitis C virus. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry,137 : 247-262.