| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| Serampore College, University of Calcutta || B.Sc( Honours in Chemistry) |
| University of Calcutta || M.Sc (Specializaton in Organic Chemistry) |
| UGC-CSIR (NET) || Qualified NET as JRF ( CSIR Fellow, Top 5% Candidate) |
| Jadavpur University || Ph.D( Sc) |
| National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan || Post-Doctoral Fellow(May 2002 – July 2003), worked with Prof. Reuben Jih-Ru Hwu |
Positions held/ holding:
Lecturer(16.11.1994-19.02.1996) in Scottish Church College, Calcutta; ( 20.02.1996- 15.11.1999) in University of Calcutta; Senior Lecturer (16.11.1999-15.11.20030 in University of Calcutta); Reader ( 16.11.2003-15.11.2006) in University of Calcutta; Associate Professor (16.11.2006-27.06.2011); Professor(28.06.2011-Present)
- Development of new synthetic methods.
- Nano metal oxide and nano particle mediated catalysis.
- Use of green tools and green synthetic procedures.
- Metal ion as the promoter in carbon-carbon and carbon-hetero atom bond formation.
- Synthesis of novel heterocyclic molecules of medicinal interest.
Number of researchers awarded Ph.D. degrees: 08
Number of researchers pursuing Ph.D.: 04 Number of Postdoctoral fellows: 02
Selected list of publications:
- Journal of Organic Chemistry(ACS): “Spirocyclopropanes from Intramolecular Cyclopropanation of Pyranopyrazoles and Pyranopyrimidine-diones and Lewis Acid Mediated (3+ 2) Cycloadditions of Spirocyclopropylpyrazolones”, Prasun Mukherjee and Asish R. Das, J.Org.Chem., 2017, 82, 2794-2802. “Diastereoselective Synthesis of Structurally and Stereochemically Diversified 2‑ Oxa-7- azabicyclo[4.1.0]hept-3-enyl Carboxylates and Their Potential Application toward the Synthesis of Functionalized Pyranooxazolone and Pyrrole Derivatives through Skeletal Transformations”, Prasun Mukherjee and Asish R. Das, J.Org.Chem.,2016,81, 5513- 5524 . “Nanocrystalline and Reusable ZnO Catalyst for the Assembly of Densely Functionalized 4H-Chromenes in Aqueous Medium via One-Pot Three Component Reactions: A Greener “NOSE” Approach” ParthaPratim Ghosh and Asish R. Das, J. Org Chem., 2013, 78, 6170-6181.
- Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis(Wiley): “Magnetically retrievable nano crystalline NiFe2O4 catalyzed aerobic, ligand free C-N, C-O and C-C cross-coupling reactions for the synthesis of a diversified library of heterocyclic molecules”, Asish R. Das, Sanjay Paul, Koyel Pradhan, Sirshendu Ghosh, S.K. De, Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis,2014, 356, 1301–1316.
- Catalysis Science and Technology(RSC): “A new application of polymer supported, homogeneous and reusable catalyst PEG–SO3H in the synthesis of coumarin and uracil fused pyrrole derivatives”, Sanjay Paul; Asish R. Das, Catal. Sci. Technol., 2012, 2, 1130-1135. “Magnetically retrievable nano crystalline CuFe2O4 catalyzed multi-component reaction: A facile and efficient synthesis of functionalized dihydropyrano[2,3-c]pyrazol, pyrano[3,2-c]coumarin and 4H-chromene derivatives in aqueous media” Asish R. Das, Koyel Pradhan and Sanjay Paul Catal. Sci. Technol., 2014, 4, 822.
- Green Chemistry(RSC): “Design and synthesis of benzylpyrazolyl coumarin derivatives via four component reaction in water: Investigation on the weak interactions accumulating the crystal structure of a signified compound”, ParthaPratim Ghosh, Gargi Pal, Sanjay Paul, Asish R. Das, Green Chemistry, 2012, 14, 2691-2698.