Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Marxian Economics, Indian Economics, Development Economics, History of Economic Ideas, Financial Economics and Gender Studies
Presently Teaching: Macroeconomics, Economics of Marx, Political Economy of Development.
Areas of Research Interest
Political Economy,Development Economics, Indian Economics, History of Economic Ideas and Political Philosophy.
- The Indian Economy in Transition: Globalization, Capitalism and Development. (with Anup Kumar Dhar and ByasdebDasgupta). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. 2016.
- World of the Third and Global Capitalism (with Anup Dhar and Stephen Cullenberg). World View Press: New Delhi. 2012.
- Dislocation and Resettlement in Development: From Third World to World of the Third (with Anup Dhar). Routledge: London and New York. 2009.
- Kothopokothane Marx o Rabindranath: Unnoin O Bikalpo (A Conversation Between Marx and Rabindranath: Development and Alternative) (with Anup Dhar). 2008. Ganchil: Kolkata.
- Transition and Development in India (with Stephen Cullenberg). Routledge: New York. 2003.
- Margin of the Margin: A Profile of an Unrepentant Post-Colonial Collaborator (with AjitChaudhury and Dipankar Das). Anustup: Calcutta. 2000.
- ‘Capital’ in the East: Reflections on Marx. (edited with Achin Chakraborty, Byasdeb Dasgupta and Samita Sen). Springer Nature. 2019. (forthcoming, December 14, 2019) Development on Trial:Shrinking Space for the Periphery (edited with SunandaSen). Orient Blackswan. 2013.