Specialisation: Bhakti Movement and Chaitanya Vaishnavism; Theatre and Performance studies;Aesthetics and Literary Theory; Cultural Studies and the Folk-Popular; East-WestLiterary Transactions
| College/ university from which the degree was obtained || Abbreviation of the degree |
| Jadavpur University ||B.A.in Comparative Literature (Gold Medallist) |
| Jadavpur University || M.A.in Comparative Literature (Gold Medallist) |
| Jadavpur University || Ph.D. |
Positions held/ holding:
- Assistant Professor
- Convenor, PhD Research Advisory Committee, Dept. of C.I.L.L.
- Principal Investigator, Lives of a Text: Traditions of Ramayana Performance in India and Thailand, UGC UPE-II Project, India Looking East.
(Former) Head of the Department
- Bhakti Movement and Vaishnavism
- Theatre and Performance Studies
- Aesthetics and Literary Theory
- Cultural Studies and the Folk-Popular East-WestLiterary Transactions
Select list of publications:
- ’Shri Madhavendra Puri: Bhaktikalpatarur Pratham Ankur’, Journal of Comparative IndianLanguage and Literature, Vol. III, University of Calcutta, 2016.
- ‘Bhakti Andolon O Amader Sangit’, Dhrupadi, Vol. 2, Kolkata, 2016.
- ‘Performing Other Wise: Maranbijayi Chin as seen by Ramnath Biswas’, China Report, vol 43 No 4, October-December 2007.
- ‘Train Singers: What is the use?’, Global South, www.sephismagazine.org, February 2007.
- ‘Bangla theatre bangla natok’, in Natya Academy Patrika 16, Paschimbanga Natya Akademi, Badal Sircar Smarak Sankhya, 2014.